Thread: O2 Closed loop (fuel trim unstable)

Tuner in Training

O2 Closed loop (fuel trim unstable)

I have a 05 Mustang GT supercharged with a M90 Roush kit running 6psi with some BBK long tube headers
    Running the 38lbs injectors from Roush

I did read the stock Roush program but it was always way too lean so i did enrich the MAF voltage table a lot.

It's almost finally tuned but for the part throttle tuning, the car will lose power when AFR goes in the 10:1 and 18:1 range and you can feel the car lose power. My fuel trim are not so bad, not perfect but within the 10% range. When i adjust them, at the same MAF Voltage, sometimes the fuel trim are positive and sometimes negative so i let them that way because they are always varying.

On others cars i have tune, the AFR is always stable, goes from 14:00 to 15:00 but on this car it seem to go from 12:40 to 18:00. Anyway of getting the closed loop system to work fine.

I did try to disable LTFT, play with OL Delay Ramp and blend ramp. I did try to run it always in OL setting all value in Fuel value TPS to ""0"" without succes.

Can i play with transport delay to adjust the way the CL will work ?

Thanks for any advice
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by tryskriel View Post
    I have a 05 Mustang GT supercharged with a M90 Roush kit running 6psi with some BBK long tube headers
    Running the 38lbs injectors from Roush

I did read the stock Roush program but it was always way too lean so i did enrich the MAF voltage table a lot.

It's almost finally tuned but for the part throttle tuning, the car will lose power when AFR goes in the 10:1 and 18:1 range and you can feel the car lose power. My fuel trim are not so bad, not perfect but within the 10% range. When i adjust them, at the same MAF Voltage, sometimes the fuel trim are positive and sometimes negative so i let them that way because they are always varying.

On others cars i have tune, the AFR is always stable, goes from 14:00 to 15:00 but on this car it seem to go from 12:40 to 18:00. Anyway of getting the closed loop system to work fine.

I did try to disable LTFT, play with OL Delay Ramp and blend ramp. I did try to run it always in OL setting all value in Fuel value TPS to ""0"" without succes.

Can i play with transport delay to adjust the way the CL will work ?

Thanks for any advice
    Fred
    i have the same problem with my na 07 gt. cruising, it goes anywhere from 11.6-16afr. and the fuel trims are never the same at a given voltage. i put a maf curve in my car last night, it as 13.0 across the board at wot. caLLING 12.8. I multiplied those voltages by 1.01625 and then it hit 11.8 afr. what gives? lol

do you have 2.23? i tried to open your tune but it said unable to open. failed validation check.

Tuner in Training
    Hi
    No i have to run the 2.20 version because it don't make the validation check because i start this tune from the Roush file i did have in my ecu.
    Do you want it ?

Fred

oh i see. na. its not worth your trouble. i just try to look at every tune i can and compare differences. thats somewhat how i learn. there really isnt enough traffic on here to do it any other way. im still clueless as to why my car acts so retarded all the time.

Tuner in Training
    When idling, the Closed loop work fine, it goes between 14.3 to 15.8 but when cruising, the AFR goes weird.

I have the exact same problem. If I come across something I'll let ya know.

Tuner in Training
    Yesterday, i did disable the MAF adaptation and it work a lot better but still have some issue, i will work more my fuel trim to see if i can do something better

What about the ETC calibration, i have read someone talk that you need to adjust that after the Maf table but i don't see how to calibrate that.

Quote Originally Posted by tryskriel View Post
    Yesterday, i did disable the MAF adaptation and it work a lot better but still have some issue, i will work more my fuel trim to see if i can do something better

What about the ETC calibration, i have read someone talk that you need to adjust that after the Maf table but i don't see how to calibrate that.
    where is this table? what is it called? ill do some research.