Thread: LSJ VE table values

Tuner

LSJ VE table values

hey guys, weird question.

I'm looking at a stock tune file for an LSJ, and I want to know what the numbers are in the ENGINE -> AIRFLOW -> Main VE PRIMARY

I know it isn't percentage.. what are the values of these numbers?

I'm looking for VE %.. I'm trying to use the LSJ base map as a starting point for a tune on my LSJ bottom end /L61 head cavalier.

I'm running a megasquirt setup right now (don't hate, I bought HPT many years ago and use it on my daily driver all the time), and would very much like the LSJ primary VE in % so I can build myself a base tune for my 400kpa speed density setup.

Tuner
    I can get you a stock file but not with percentages like MS.

Back when I had MS on my turbo 2200 cavalier, there was a "base" map generator that got you in the ball park enough to start the car and start tuning Real time, is this no longer true?

Tuner
    it is but I was more excited for building a tune from an actual OEM map.

I have HPT, I can see the SS tune file no problem, but I wanted to know what the value of the numbers in that table were.

obviously 1400.xxx isn't a % of VE

is it airmass? what is the measurement?

Tuner
    Main VE

* Primary VE vs. RPM vs. MAP: This table is used to determine airmass per cylinder in case of MAF failure (Speed Density Mode) and also to provide a base airflow value to check for MAF failure. It is also used to provide transient condition correction to the VCM main airmass calculations.
    Quoted from the help page. So grams/cyl is what the numbers represent..
    I guess if your going to want to do it that way, gotta figure out theoretical g/cyl and divide into these numbers to find out the VE tables..

But this all goes out the door with your set-up being a different head/valve train..