Thread: Gurgling/Popping on Decel

Tuner in Training

Gurgling/Popping on Decel

Most people hate this... I love it. Problem is, my A6 C6 vette does not do it but the manuals I have been in do it all the time. Is there something I can tune in to get this happening more? Would it simply be adding a bit more fuel during decel?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Usually the decel pops and gurgles are caused by the stock H pipe. It mostly gets cured by the addition of an x-pipe.

Disable DFCO
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner
    I agree that the H pipe seems to cause decel pop. I don't know the configuration of your exhaust but moving the H downstream to just before the mufflers should cause some popping.
    Disableing DFCO will not cause or prevent the pop.
    Also, you can add fuel and decrease timing on throttle lift to get some popping.

This must be totally random then, because my LS7 cackles and pops like a damn tommy gun during decel, and it's DEFINITELY in DFCO when it does it... catless x-pipe too.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner
    I agree that the engine is in DFCO when the popping occurs but turning DFCO off does not stop the pop. Adding timing does reduce it and moving the H upstream does stop it.

Tuner in Training
    Exhaust configuration is:
    3" LG Pro Longtube Headers, no cats, z06 exhaust with mild 2 wild.

You'd think I could get more noise out of this thing in paddle mode...

Advanced Tuner
    Poping is good, but what i get is like a backfire i think in 2nd gear deceleration around 1.5k. When i logged, i noticed the timing gets ramped down to zero or almost zero. Havent been able to tune that out of it, what i do, i just take it out of gear and coast down to a stop. Tried different timing settings in DFCO, still get that backfire like at that lower rpm only.

Potential Tuner
    My All stock LS3 A6 pops on decel when I drop it down a gear and have it engine braking and the npp open. For a all stock car it sounds ok with the npp open and in 1st or 2nd having it engine braking will cause it to pop quite a bit.