Thread: Newby needs to load a remote tune to his LS6

Potential Tuner

Newby needs to load a remote tune to his LS6

Hey folks,
    Im new here, and new to the tuning world.. i honestly have no idea what im getting into! haha

Anway - Long story short:
    I live in N.Ireland and I fitted a cam kit to my 2003 Vette Z06.
    When it came to tuning, i figured it would be handiest if i got the same program as the corvette tuning shop that ground the cam and then he could try remote tunes, which i could then simply load to my own car.

So i sent him a scan of the car, and hes returned a new tune, but im unsure how to load this to my ECM. .. and although when i get the time, ide really like to dig into this turning thing and learn about tweeking it myself, ATM i could do with someone just telling me how to do this, as im in a hurry to get it idling correctly for an MOT test. (all cars need these tests to be road legal over here)

ATM on my laptop, i have only scanned mycar, not using the editor software. in creating the lisence for the car, it APPEARS to me, to have created a file of my cars current tune for the editor software???
    With the laptop not connected to the car, i can open HPT editor, and open this file. however, i cannot open the file wich is the new updated tune.. so first off, ide like to check, is this normal? or even relavent? lol

If this seems ok to go ahead, how do i then download this new tune to my car? as far as i can gather from HPT's help section, i simply click 'flash', then 'write calibration only'? ... but if so, how can i if i cant open the new tune which i have had sent. it says 'unable to open file, index was outside the bounds of array.'
    I have no idea what this means! lol

i Look forward to hearing if any of you tuners out there can help me out here with a quick 'how to'.

Cheers,
    Terry.

Tuner
    You need the same beta version or later as the place that sent tune,
    If other tuner didnt modify the tune from you pcm,
    Download and licence your tune car and save if you havent already
    Then hold ctrl +1 then select the tune he provided and select
    Then ctrl+5 and right click the engine folder and select copy over differences
    Then write calibration only and it should work
    Last edited by STATESMAN; 05-06-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Thats great !
    Thanks STATESMAN

But just to be sure - Its hard to understand if i need the same software FIRST, THEN do the Ctrl1 Ctrl5 etc...OR... Are your saying, thats how i do it if i DONT have the same software?

I have kept an hour free on sunday to try and get this done and play around with the software a bit.. will report back with wheather or not im USELESS with this. haha

Thansk again,
    Terry.

Tuner
    The outside bounds of array error is caused by the version of software that you are using is older then the one in which the tuner is using.
    If you cannot open or veiw the file your tuner sent ,you will need to contact support and obtain a later beta version of software.

Then you will need to download your tune and copy over difference as i mentioned earlier
    Hope this helps

Potential Tuner
    thanks for clearing that up.... although my tuners been using this software for a while as far as i know... i jst bought mine, so i dont know how my version is older. unless maybe theres a problem because i have the 'home' edition, and hes probably using the professional version?

Tuner
    There are beta updates most weeks sometimes more often they are usually available on request from support.

Potential Tuner
    AHH, ok. the only contact i can find on their site is email, im still waiting to hear from them, but asked about it yesterday.

Thanks again statesman!

Quote Originally Posted by STATESMAN View Post
    If other tuner didnt modify the tune from you pcm,
    Download and licence your tune car and save if you havent already
    Then hold ctrl +1 then select the tune he provided and select
    Then ctrl+5 and right click the engine folder and select copy over differences
    Then write calibration only and it should work

I am finishing a turbo install tomorrow night.
    So if I license my stock tune in the PCM
    Attachment 23442
    Then do as you stated above with this file.
    Attachment 23443
    It should work and only cost me two credits, correct ?
    I have been reading trying to learn as much as possible before having
    to do this write calibration with the fewest possible credits used.
    My reading time has ran out.
    Thank You !

Wow.....
    I just licensed my stock tune and the
    turbo file I was sent also seems to be licensed.
    IS THAT POSSIBLE ?
    It does not ask me if I want to license it and I was
    able to change the VIN to match mine.
    woooooo hoooooooooo !
    Looks like I'm good to go for tomorrow

I believe that HPT bases the license on the OS id so if they are the same it will let you do both.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder