Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DTC Readiness Test

Potential Tuner

thanks

I to am having issues. Went in today to have the emissions and insp. done on my 03 escalade. My o2 sensor, o2 heater and catalyst are saying not ready. I did a 2 bar os upgrade and failed the maf. I still have my cats and rear o2 sensors. I never deleted them in the tune and has been a couple months since playing with my tune. Daily drivin so plenty of time to do the tests. I wonder if there is an issue in hp tuners that is causing the vcm to not do its test?

AND A BIG THANKS TO THE ABOVE MENTIONED CURES! You guys ROCK!!!

On my car (E40) I create an emissions tune that sets EVERY DTC (except MAF P0103) to "no error" reported. Then the emissions/cat tests automatically go to "complete". Then flash back to normal tune after.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    As mentioned earlier in this thread, on my car (E40) I created an emissions tune that sets EVERY DTC (except MAF P0103 because I run speed density) to "no error reported". Then the emissions/cat tests automatically go to "complete". Then flash back to normal tune after.
    Bill Winters

Potential Tuner
    i am having the same problem myself. im running 2 bar speed density tune on my 06 gto and i cant get my ecm to go through its tests either. we have a stockish tune with the maf back on in it now to see if it will run its tests but after 90 miles still not running o2 tests and evap. and the thing is a pain in the butt to drive with stroker motor large injectors and procharger on it with the stock style maf tune in it. had to scale the injectors down a bit to idle. any help with this will be great, i dont have hptuners myself but guy few miles down road has it and he has my 2 bar enhanced tune file with him.

Do you not see my post right above yours?
    Bill Winters

Potential Tuner
    Not sure if your emissions is same as mine but here they check for any ses codes, visual cats, and readiness monitors. But I'll try what u said and see what happens

In AZ as long as you have no CEL's, your fuel cap holds pressure and the readiness tests pass you are good. They didn't even look under the car, do a sniff check, or pop the hood.

As others have said change all your DTC's to no report and the readiness and CEL tests will pass as soon as you turn on your key.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 02-08-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Potential Tuner
    Yea us too. What about running a maf on it and stock tune with ur setup. Or go with my sd tune and same dtc setup?

I remain in SD even during the test. So P0103 is the only code I leave alone, MIL on first error and uncheck SES light.
    Bill Winters

Just want to say that this worked for me in my 02 Silverado.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Set everything just like this and everything will read complete.
    I can't see your screenshot. Would by chance still have it so I can see how to set up my Camaro?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2011CamaroSS View Post
    I can't see your screenshot. Would by chance still have it so I can see how to set up my Camaro?
    This is not for your Camaro but go to the Engine Diagnostics and set yours like this. Basically everything that referring to the rear 02 sensors. Don't own the Camaro any longer.

Your could set everything to no error reported, go get your inspection and then set all back.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yep. If everything (or at least everything emissions related) is set to no error reported all the emissions systems will turn to "ready" immediately. i.e. you can flash, drive in, pass the test, drive out, re-flash back to whatever you had before.

i have 2004 gmc sierra and oxygen sensor still not complete... i turned no read report and unchecked o2 heart, evap. but the oxygen sensor one still not complted... where can i download your copy? i later turned all o2 sensor unchecked and read no report. only the ones that start with (02)

Tuner
    So, I have been battling with this for about 8 months now while I throw parts at my 2005 Avalanche due to an EVAP issue but despite my trying to find the right checks for SES and "3-no reported error" I continued to get the "Incomplete" for the readiness check. Finally checked every SES block and changed every code to "3- no error reported" except for anything that said mass or MAF (I think 5 DTCs total). Did not matter if it said cruise control or transmission, I changed it. Instantly, the scanner showed complete and ready for inspection. Will go get it inspected tomorrow. Wish me luck. Upon return, I will put the stock tune back in and continue to troubleshoot my evap issues. Yes, replaced the gas cap. It may just have to hit the dealership but until I get inspected so I can register my unregistered vehicle. My state does not allow any "incomplete" readiness warnings.
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsvette View Post
    So, I have been battling with this for about 8 months now while I throw parts at my 2005 Avalanche due to an EVAP issue but despite my trying to find the right checks for SES and "3-no reported error" I continued to get the "Incomplete" for the readiness check. Finally checked every SES block and changed every code to "3- no error reported" except for anything that said mass or MAF (I think 5 DTCs total). Did not matter if it said cruise control or transmission, I changed it. Instantly, the scanner showed complete and ready for inspection. Will go get it inspected tomorrow. Wish me luck. Upon return, I will put the stock tune back in and continue to troubleshoot my evap issues. Yes, replaced the gas cap. It may just have to hit the dealership but until I get inspected so I can register my unregistered vehicle. My state does not allow any "incomplete" readiness warnings.
    What state are you in? Even california allows the evap monitor to be incomplete

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsvette View Post
    If you haven't already, try the evap vent valve. It's a common failure on these years, I even replaced a faulty one on my '06 2500hd the day I brought it home. Route the filter into the frame cavity next to the gas tank with some rubber hose and hose clamps, that helps keep the valve from getting gummed up in the future.

Edit: do keep us updated on the success of using this method to pass inspection, though! I want to use it in the future.
    Last edited by fuzzyerudition; 01-30-2023 at 07:59 AM.
    2006 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L 4L80E 2WD 4.10

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone know if this would work on a 2016 ram 1500? Is there any reason it wouldn?t? I don?t have HP tuners at the moment but would get it if this will work for inspection.

Potential Tuner
    Just wanted to say thanks for this post. Trying to get my drive cycles on my 02 Camaro done, so I can get it inspected. I eneded driving close to 200 miles with the 02 sensors on INC and another time for around 80mi before I finally floored it out of frustration thinking I might not have given it enough throttle on my acceleration cycles, and my MAF sensor went off. I think might be a vac leak somewhere. Anyways, low on dough, and in a time crunch, so I did a DTC del for everything but the 100-103 MAF and like magic, instantly everything was ready, took it in, and it passed without issue.

Honestly, with my luck I was expecting more trouble, but oddly enough the car seems to drive better with everything turned off. I almost want to keep it this way, but am still going to flash the codes back to normal, so the actual problems can be sort out. I found it very odd that the car runs really well with everything off. Just wondering if anyone have any ideas why it would run better with the codes off?

You should look up the readiness stuff for your car in your car's service manual, trying to apply Gen 4 info to a '02 F-body is likely to be... inaccurate. Different years and even different platforms of the same year have different requirements, it's not universal.