Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: when will USB be ready??

So, as I understand the posts, the USB standard will not perform data logging, but the USB EIO will?

What other features will be in the EIO version?

Are you taking pre-orders?

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry Ken, but I have had my GTO since March and I have been wanting this ever since I drove it off the lot. It looks like an awsome product and you can't blame me for wanting to get my grimy paws on it, especially around Christmas time when I'll have lots of time to read and play with it.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    Sorry Ken, but I have had my GTO since March and I have been wanting this ever since I drove it off the lot. It looks like an awsome product and you can't blame me for wanting to get my grimy paws on it, especially around Christmas time when I'll have lots of time to read and play with it.
    I know, I know. We are waiting on some parts from vendors.
    They too are also tired of hearing me ask "is it it ready yet?"

The holdup is the cases and custom labels.

Ken

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by grfperformance
    So, as I understand the posts, the USB standard will not perform data logging, but the USB EIO will?

What other features will be in the EIO version?

Are you taking pre-orders?
    That is correct.
    It retains the 4 A/D inputs and 2 controllable outputs.
    As for other features, the hardware is scalable. What would you like to see it do? Assuming people will want to pay the additional parts costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    That is correct.
    As for other features, the hardware is scalable. What would you like to see it do? Assuming people will want to pay the additional parts costs.
    Give us an idea of what you could scale it to do, and we'll make suggestions

Personally, I'd be happy with the black box data logging. I'm not imaginative to think of anything else

...although a real time tuning solution would be fabulous (although I know you are limited via the PCM on this one, but I've read about a possible solution to this problem already in the works).

Maybe I'm just
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would like to see the ability to read/write/write entire pcm in the unit itself...usb it to the home computer upload the hpt file to the unit & bring it out to the car to flash it & vice versa.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

That would be nice...it would eliminate the need for a laptop for most (which is a big cost when getting into this game if you don't already have one). I think that would drum up more business right there if people that only had a desktop wanted to tune their car without having to buy the software AND a new/used laptop.
    11.02 @ 130

That is correct.
    I'm not sure what sensors can be controlled or read by the A/D. Perhaps the ability to intercept a sensor input and use the software to modify the output to the PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    I would like to see the ability to read/write/write entire pcm in the unit itself...usb it to the home computer upload the hpt file to the unit & bring it out to the car to flash it & vice versa.
    it would be great to store a couple of tunes on one..or maybe ona removeable media card....
    keep a nitrous tune and an NA tune on it....load what you need when you need it.
    -Scott -

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    This sounds like an interesting option , i know somtimes its a pita to have the laptop on me but it would be easy to have the HPT cable & interface with me .

Senior Tuner
    Lets try and keep the cost of the "unit" within range of the average buyer.
    If you notice the alignment of the record/stop buttons, we left room for 4 more.

We have been entertaining the idea of the interface being able to flash the VCM. Mine already does. The problem is we have to offer that support for every single Mfgr/Model we will be covering or there will be hell to pay.
    Thats a lot of programming and support so I doubt this will be cheap.

Due to some Mfgrs not having the ability to do a cal only write it starts to chew up external flash space with having to keep 1 operating system stored along with the cals. Moving to removable media support is expensive to implement, so I doubt we will ever go that route.

These options are already being implemented into Superchips new Flashpaq.
    It can store your tunes and log data, so this may be an avenue to look at.
    If you are a tunershop this will be your calibration delivery tool. Tune it with our stuff, throw a programmed Flashpaq in the box with the blower/turbo/etc kit.......

Either way we are not making any commitments to the interface flashing the VCM at this point. We have a lot of other things to get done first.

Ken

Can you toss out some ideas of the things it could possibly do? My laundry perhaps? Warm me up a frozen burrito?
    Last edited by MeentSS02; 12-20-2005 at 10:33 AM.
    11.02 @ 130

Lets try and keep the cost of the "unit" within range of the average buyer.
    If you notice the alignment of the record/stop buttons, we left room for 4 more.

We have been entertaining the idea of the interface being able to flash the VCM. Mine already does. The problem is we have to offer that support for every single Mfgr/Model we will be covering or there will be hell to pay.
    Thats a lot of programming and support so I doubt this will be cheap.

Due to some Mfgrs not having the ability to do a cal only write it starts to chew up external flash space with having to keep 1 operating system stored along with the cals. Moving to removable media support is expensive to implement, so I doubt we will ever go that route.

These options are already being implemented into Superchips new Flashpaq.
    It can store your tunes and log data, so this may be an avenue to look at.
    If you are a tunershop this will be your calibration delivery tool. Tune it with our stuff, throw a programmed Flashpaq in the box with the blower/turbo/etc kit.......

Either way we are not making any commitments to the interface flashing the VCM at this point. We have a lot of other things to get done first.

Ken
    well..hell...4 more buttons....can you add infrafred to it so I can program it to be a tv remote..LOL

I would liek maybe some bluetooth or Wi Fi capability...then you could program/read without needing to be cable connected...
    this would be useful for somebody like me that goes to the track and does tuning there with customers....I could sit in the stands and not have to get up to program the next batch of data..or I could be in the dyno shop...and not having to worry about my cable hanging out of the car in any way( I have seen a few cables swiped by poor placement and eng up getting caught in the wheel and broken...not hp cables...but other peoples devices(hate to use that to show IQ...but if that happens you shouldnt be tuning..LOL)
    also somebody with a hoe PC cold tune without having to put the PC in the garage.... just log on the "black box" pul into the driveway..and connect from the PC in the house...
    of course allowing a flash and read from the device would do this just by taking the thing in and out..but hey...gotta shoot for something...I'm sure there wold be some other use of Wifi or blue tooth
    -Scott -

I'd still vote for some sort of food function...track food is expensive and sucks. Imagine how big of a hit you'd be if after you got done making a pass, you drive through the pits throwing burritos out yer winder to all the hungry folks turning wrenches
    11.02 @ 130

Oh, yea.. full replicator capabilities are already in the works..

The interface also answers to the name of "Computer".. and can take "Captains Logs" ... lol

i think its cool that it can log, but Meent's ideas are quite intriguing. now if there was a mute button for my g/f then i could totally tune in peace haha jk
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Now if I can just substitute "Computer" with "Bitch", I'd be in heaven...

"Captain's log, suplemental..."

Oh God I'm a geek
    11.02 @ 130

haha, what has this thread turned into lol
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

"Bitch, tune my car!"

LOL

That's what this has turned in to.

I seriously can't think of anything I would want it to do...I mean, hell, my car is tuned the way I want it with the existing soft/hardware (granted I'd like the PCM to accept a wideband O2 signal so it would have a good reference to adjust its trims by - but I know there's nothing that can be done to make that happen).
    11.02 @ 130

im on the same boat as you. id love to record going down the raod though. say im out for a ride and all of a sudden the car acts up, plug it up, record and go back home and look at it. thats the shit. no waiting for the lap top to load up or wait for the battery to die on me, pos lol