Thread: Can anyone verify this comment?

Tuner in Training LH6-DOD-54-GMC's Avatar

Can anyone verify this comment?

Can anyone verify this comment from an SSR website? I just need to know if it's true. If it is I just choked an ECM. No big deal I'll get another. I just want my wife's truck to run. Hers is an 05 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3L in a 1954 GMC pickup.

Here's the quote in the for sale ad...

"E40 ECM service number 12596679 for 06 year models only." ....."I can load any 06 year model file into this ECM that was made for an E40 (GTO, TBSS, etc...). There are 2 different service numbers for the E40, the one I listed above is for 06 year models. The service number for the 05 models is 12597883. On the E40, you cannot load an 06 year model file into the 05 year model E40 or vice versa. If you do it will kill the ECM. This is a plug and play swap for any 06 SSR 6spd. All you will have to do is a security relearn and a CASE relearn. I have HPTuners so I can program this ECM with your VIN."

WHAT IS A CASE RELEARN?

Senior Tuner
    The only reason I would know of is different PCM series for the old style reluctor or the new style reluctor. I'm sure someone will chime in with the specifics on what PCM/reluctor config differences between the two models may be.

You can always load it back to the tune it had. A case relearn is only needed when you replace the PCM, change the reluctor on the crank (IE: build a stroker motor, the reluctor may not be positioned the same as the old crank) or change the motor completely.

Tuner in Training LH6-DOD-54-GMC's Avatar
    I don't think it's the reluctor because the 05 and 06 both run the 24x reluctor. Right now it won't recognize anything and when I attempt to install the original 05 OS it still won't recognize it. I truly think I'm hosed.

My search for a matched set of engine/trans computers is going about as well as finding that snap ring that launched into the next row of cars at the wrecking yard!

Potential Tuner
    In my opinion, you should go to the place to see those 2 cars because reading the advertisement will not be close to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by danielusa View Post
    In my opinion, you should go to the place to see those 2 cars because reading the advertisement will not be close to reality.
    The cholesterol study took an arrow will be negotiable based on their profile.

Quote Originally Posted by LH6-DOD-54-GMC View Post

WHAT IS A CASE RELEARN?
    Crank Angle Sensor Error.
    Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by HawkZ28 View Post
    Crank Angle Sensor Error.
    12 years old…

We'll crap. Didn't read post dates other than it was recent in the forum.

Spose that's what I get for pouncing when I have a nugget to offer.

It was bumped to the top by another one of those asshole AI spambots.

AI....Skynet taking over.....

Advanced Tuner
    Oh ok then