Thread: Can't i SCAN all vehicles with obdII ports?

Can't i SCAN all vehicles with obdII ports?

I know hptuners is generally for GM vehicles, but i thought i could scan all vehicles with it, especially for SES codes.

Tried to connect to an 03 Durango today to see why the SES light was on and it could not connect.

any help or info is appreciated.

thanks
    2008 G8 GT / TVS1900 /2.9 pulley / LS9 Injectors/ LS9 Cam / Catback / Intake

Senior Tuner
    I don't think some of the older Beta's will pull DTC's but they should still scan.

The latest Beta I have was able to read and reset codes from my wifes 09 Scion so you may need a newer version.

If your version is the latest and you are still having issues, then you should be contacting support @ hptuners.com with the problems you're having.
    Jaime

The hardware can't currently read ISO bus type systems they need to update the firmware to get it to work. I do not know if that is the system that your car uses but that is the answer I got in the G35 and a ford ranger that it needs a firmware update to read it.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

Your just starting the scanner and hitting the connect button right? It kept saying its not connected and to make sure the vehicle is in the run position.

Software is the newest i believe, which is pretty old now. Im kind of disappointed they haven't released anything new in a while, its 2.22 or whatever, the update on the main page.
    2008 G8 GT / TVS1900 /2.9 pulley / LS9 Injectors/ LS9 Cam / Catback / Intake

contact support for the latest 2.23 beta. We are getting close to our next public release it's been a very large rewrite of many portions of the code, some to enable new products (like Dodge), but some other big changes to accomodate microsoft issues.

Our plan is to have generic SAE support for every protocol supported by our hardware.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    I'm connected to 05 Magnum It will scan . But says no codes. And all histograms do not work.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The histograms are setup for an 02 Firebird/Camaro V8 by default, if you connect to an 05 Magnum you'll need to adjust them accordingly. Don't just assume a histogram that works on one vehicle will work on another. Especially when switching from GM to Dodge or Ford.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

So i have a 2010 camaro. How do I make the long term FTs histogram work? Probably simple but couldn't figure it out.

To get it to work try cleating the PIDs and adding them back from the list as they might be different than the previous config. If it scans but the histo is not loading click the edit button and try reselecting the sensor used and check the filter.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by uarperformance View Post
    So i have a 2010 camaro. How do I make the long term FTs histogram work? Probably simple but couldn't figure it out.
    You would need to create a custom histogram to suite your needs.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"