Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 cyl - the votes are in!

Tuner in Training

Re: 4 cyl - the votes are in!

Chris did you happen to get the email of the press release i sent out? i think you were on the list that it got sent to but i wasnt sure
    Currently the 2nd fastest Ecotec J-Body roaming the streets. Aiming for more all the time.Best run: [email protected] w/ 1.867 60ft

I am glad to see HPT working on this. I will be looking forward to the release of a tunning solution for the girlfriends 2.0L Supercharged Cobalt SS. ;D
    2000 Silverado, RCSB, 2wd - Built 371 / KB 2.8L / 4L80E - 11.18@123

2012 Sierra Denali AWD - bolt-on daily driver and tow vehicle

Advanced Tuner

Hey, I am joining the 4 banger support crowd... I have a EcoTec 2.0 Supercharged going into a Fiero... Needs more boost and tuning...

Loyde
    http://www.fastfieros.com

Tuner

Are you guys at HP aware there there are also people both j-body (cav/sun) and n-body (alero/grand) running around w/ a reflash that is recalibrated for boost duty? i.e. GM Performance Parts 2.4L LD9 Supercharger reflash?

I know, personally anyways, that there's curiosity about compatability with this particular recalibration. Also, will there be any n-body love or will we be shut? I know personally it's either this or a standalone.

If there will not be any n-body 4cyl compatability, primarily the 2.4L LD9 twin cam motor, is there a chance for a custom setup for a price?

I know that I'm looking to go pretty deep with this motor, and am one of the bastards that's trying to squeeze as much out of this damn thing as humanly possible...

oh yeah, it's after SEMA, working a booth is painful. Any updates on the software?
    Pontiac Grandma 2.4L LD9 (GT30R - super special option)
    12.4@118mph, spinning and being sloppy, 432hp 424tq

Potential Tuner

Well i wasnt able to vote but i have 96 cavy 2.4L....why not make it for the whole period of the 2.4L DOHC engine? but anyhow for boost essentially the gm s/c reflash is a reprogramming of the pcm to begin with wouldn't we be able to incorporate the same program into the software? I know a there would be a very large croud of j-bodies with the gm s/c and turbos that would be very interested if this was possible for pre 2000 cars.
    Anyhow cant wait till this comes out

Tuner in Training

Hey Chris, im just looking for any updates you might want to post. How long till you think this will be released for beta testing, and then final release and for sale to the public?

I cant wait, and id be more than happy to buy the program and be a beta tester, mine is pretty stock with bolt ons, and a 75shot N2O.

Would love to raise the rev limiter and see what more i can get out it.

Let me know if i can help in any way.
    Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #0003

2002 Blazer ZR2
    401ci gen5 LTx
    AWD/T56

1998 Olds Bravada
    Turbo 4.3 AWD
    "Winter Beater"

2008 Avalanche
    Daily Driver

any updates chris?
    i would also be intersted in buying and beta testing.
    Ryan 99 cavalier 2.4 turbo

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    Small Update

- base definition is done, now just populating calibrations. The 4cyl requires a number of changes to our editor due to different data structures within the PCM compared to the V8's & V6's. This complexity was unexpected.

- my goal was to have something out before SEMA but time is running out and extra hardware delays due to the Superchips partnership have delayed v2.0 further. The 4cyl requires the new hardware so this is gating things a bit at the moment.

- in terms of parameters i'm aiming for around the same number of parameters as the V6 so i don't envisage too many issues. However there may be a few things that will need tweaking once we get into beta. Experience would show these are generally model specific quirks related to torque management, electronic throttle etc.

Best case, beta will start before SEMA (Nov), worst case sometime in Nov.

Chris...

So Chris are we ready to start Beta Testing yet? Im ready when you are man, lets get this going before the end of the year?

Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #0003

2002 Blazer ZR2
    401ci gen5 LTx
    AWD/T56

1998 Olds Bravada
    Turbo 4.3 AWD
    "Winter Beater"

2008 Avalanche
    Daily Driver

the beta cannot begin until USB hardware is shipping.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    the beta cannot begin until USB hardware is shipping.

Well do you have any idea when that will be happening? Again im ready when you guys are to work out the bugs and get to the final version.

Thanks for the update BTW.
    Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #0003

2002 Blazer ZR2
    401ci gen5 LTx
    AWD/T56

1998 Olds Bravada
    Turbo 4.3 AWD
    "Winter Beater"

2008 Avalanche
    Daily Driver

Advanced Tuner

Chris,

I am sure this question might be on others mind, so I will post here...

Cant you just build the interface software in 2.0.17 so it works with the Serial interface hardware? I really dont want to upgrade to USB, so since the EcoTec 2.0L in the Cobalts and Ions are VPW, you can just add support for those on 2.x via serial interface.

Loyde

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by FastFieros
    Chris,

Cant you just build the interface software in 2.0.17 so it works with the Serial interface hardware? I really dont want to upgrade to USB, so since the EcoTec 2.0L in the Cobalts and Ions are VPW, you can just add support for those on 2.x via serial interface.

Loyde

Well i would think that USB would be a much better and faster way to go than the serial port.

What exactly is the differance in the 2 setups Chris???
    Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #0003

2002 Blazer ZR2
    401ci gen5 LTx
    AWD/T56

1998 Olds Bravada
    Turbo 4.3 AWD
    "Winter Beater"

2008 Avalanche
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by FastFieros
    Chris,

Loyde
    No, it requires the new interface.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

I would also be intersted in buying and beta testing. I have a wideband and access to a dyno.

Cebi 99 cavalier 2.4 / 5 speed turbo

Tuner in Training

Yeah same here chris, i have a PLX M-300 on my car and a chassis dyno 15 min away. And a laptop thats ready to ride shotgun.

I also have a fairly stock 2200/s 5 speed, mostly bolt ons and small stuff, still have stock injectors and AFPR so im sure i can give the beta a good debugging.

Keep us up to date Chris.
    Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #0003

2002 Blazer ZR2
    401ci gen5 LTx
    AWD/T56

1998 Olds Bravada
    Turbo 4.3 AWD
    "Winter Beater"

2008 Avalanche
    Daily Driver

Tuner in Training

Can we get a strait answer on if you are going to do this software or not for the J-body's. I can only pray that you do but i don't think i can hold my breath any longer cause i am starting to turn blue.LOL. You was saying by Sema but that has come and gone and then by the end of november and that has also come and gone.

So basically i just want to know if you are going to support the J-bodies or not cause i know alot of people want a direct answer and need to decide which tuning route they wanna go.

Thanks if advance for any reply

We have already said yes.. many times. ???
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

we are basically ready to go for beta on the 4cyl, once the new USB interfaces begin shipping. Beta will begin with a few weeks of them becoming available.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Thanks that is what i was wanting to hear. Do you know which ones (j-body/motor) you will be supporting first or any time frame of when it will be out?

Potential Tuner

from the first page of this thread i am going to assume the 2200 2.2 OHV, i think.... i hope lol... i am watching this, i don't think i really have the knowledge or know how to test it but if there is anything i can do to help out i have an almost stock 2200cav just intake exhaust and header... i will be workin on a turbo set-up soon so rhis software would be great!

thanks,

Chris