Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Special tip for Wideband Users....

Very Helpful. Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    I'd like to know about the AEM wideband as well.

Right now I'm using the short term fuel trims to correct me ve table at less than PE values, and my wideband for the values in PE, which happen to be in boost.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

Good info. I'll give it a try.
    Thanks
    Ricardo
    1996 A4 FBody with LS7 swap

The AEM wideband instructions say it doesn't ever need to be free air calibrated. Why?
    2014 ZL1. Manual trans.

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 gasser, 6 speed auto

Tuner in Training
    AEM buys only 1 or 2 styles of the 4 or whatever kinds of Bosch lsu 4.2 "wideband" sensors... so, they get a special resistor cut for these specs and just insert it into the harness plug instead of having the warmup circuit. The AEM is supposed to be vastly more accurate as it has no room for error but...

The AEM has a couple of switches on the back but it's really more for fuel types than it is for speed of sensor output, if you've ever used hyperterminal to log the raw voltage data or afr out of the datastream you'd see it logs a TON of frames...

But yes, if it's possible to provide some additional info for the AEM that would be great, I'm using one also.

Tuner in Training
    Besdides the fact that I work for NGK I hate my AEM, the NTK sensor response time is 136ms , the fastest that I know of in the industry.

Tuner in Training
    Old post, but Im a newb to this, waiting for my HP kit, and already have the LC1 installed. You can change the speed thru HP, or thru the Innovate?

Advanced Tuner
    Change it through the Innovate software.

When using the Narrowband output of the LC-1 to replace a NB, should you change it from instantaneous to 1/12 or 1/6 also or leave it as fast as possible into the ECU for 02 switching?
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

No input? I guess I'll start with it at 1/12 like the WB output then and see how it goes.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    When using the Narrowband output of the LC-1 to replace a NB, should you change it from instantaneous to 1/12 or 1/6 also or leave it as fast as possible into the ECU for 02 switching?
    So you brought this post back from the dead and then didn't even read it? Your answer is in post #5.
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    So you brought this post back from the dead and then didn't even read it? Your answer is in post #5.

Thanks for the pointer. I read so much the last few days...Iz soo cornfuzzled.

I will program the LC-1 NB at 1/6. I do remember reading that last week now that you point it out. Lots to work on setting up the Pro interface and all the custom PID's.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 08-18-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks to the help in this thread I got my LC-1 in bank 1 talking to the narrowband 02 input in the ECU & the WB logging in HP Pro. Scaled the WB 0.7 to 1.1 lambda = 0-5v. Used 1/6 averaging for the NB and 1/12 into Aux 1 for HPT Pro. Working well, now to tune!

Advanced Tuner
    Stupid question. My LC-2 just has a brown wire to connect to HPT mpvi . Do i need to run a ground off the mvpi or does it use the innovate ground?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    A little tip to help everybody who owns a wideband or who will be buying a wideband....
    there are many companies selling wideband kits for aftermarket performance use.
    when deciding on one to buy something that should always be considered is if that company's priduct comes with some sort of softare/hardware option to change how the wideband reports data....

For my Example I will use the innovative motorsports LC1 kit ( this is my example because I use this one in particular)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Good post..

Let me add to it...

:
    Quote Originally Posted by xonelith View Post

I was looking into this info myself when trying to setup my LC-1 and was just about ready to post a question... .

So for 2019 and beyond, what is the goto wideband currently?

Quote Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
    So for 2019 and beyond, what is the goto wideband currently?
    I run 2 AEM 30-0310 on my personal truck and have them wired into the CANH and CANL at the OBD port and scanner picks it up as another controller or controllers in my case.

I use the AEM 30-0334 for tuning at work. This has a gauge and also has an OBD passthru and the scanner picks it up as another controller.

My personal opinion is the AEM is the easiest to use and integrate, great price point, inexpensive senor replacement and accurate.

Once hooked up and running dont forget to re-poll for supported parameters, then add as a channel.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by MakesBadDecisions; 09-12-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Potential Tuner
    If anyone still reads this post, could someone give instructions on how to set up LC-2 WB over serial, please?
    The sticky that was there has a broken link and I get readings from mine that contradict the narrow band.

my NB would read 460mv and WB 12.42 which is way off.

What do I set it to in the ML programmer and is there a transform function?

Right now I just add a channel and select Innovate SP - AFR and it reads something, but this something is way off...

Thank you

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtrodoent View Post
    If anyone still reads this post, could someone give instructions on how to set up LC-2 WB over serial, please?
    The sticky that was there has a broken link and I get readings from mine that contradict the narrow band.

my NB would read 460mv and WB 12.42 which is way off.

What do I set it to in the ML programmer and is there a transform function?

Right now I just add a channel and select Innovate SP - AFR and it reads something, but this something is way off...

Thank you
    Is your NB always reading 460mv? If so that sounds like an issue, not your wideband.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I already have a zt-2 wideband on my vehicle & would like to use/watch it with the scanner. Im not finding guidence on how that happens. can someone direct me ?

Tuner in Training
    Reading multiple threads on the AEM 30-0334 and logging AFR. My AEM works, but can't get my Scanner to show the data; the value field is fixed with "14.7" and then some text.

Other threads on here reference the older MPVI module and going into the WB channel and selecting "Transform" to instruct the Scanner what to do with the WB channel added.

My MPVI2 Pro and current Scanner software doesn't provide "Transform" as an option. I followed the HPT YT video "HP Tuners MPVI2 Wideband Solution for Data Logging AFR & LAMBDA" which used the exact hardware I purchased, to no avail.

My version of the Scanner software (updated two months ago) lists multiple (8 IIRC) choices of the "X-Seires 30-XXXX" widebands AEM makes. I created channels for all of them; only the LP1 and LP2 (I think the terminology was) showed a value in the value field, but again, it remained fixed

Any help would be appreciated as I've added the WB to help my tuner dial in my tune for my modded Challenger 1320.