Thread: Finally have a scan after 3 months

Potential Tuner

Finally have a scan after 3 months

So after 3 months of reading and not having really the time to try anything i have a scan.I keep getting a ses light for a lean condition in bank 2.The car is a 2000 Chevrolet Camaro,3.8 v6(l36),Automatic.Modifications are a k&n fipk (cai),pacesetter headers,magnaflow hiflow cat,tsp 3inch rumbler.And lastly a stage 2 jet chip.Ya i know i plan on removing it asap,i just left it in to try to see what the scanner would pick up with it in.So perhaps someone will have some ideas for what to change.I will be posting the first scan with the chip now and after i get off work tonight i should have a scan with out it.
    Thanks for reading

Rob

I am far from a pro by any means, but I just took a peak, I noticed a lot of knock about midway through the scan and after midway... hopely the pro's can help you with that, just though I'd let you know

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by robmick33 View Post
    .And lastly a stage 2 jet chip.
    your car doesnt have a "chip" it has a pcm. Not familiar with what jet offers for 3800 f bodies but if its a handheld can you flash it back with the stock tune ? if not you should locate a stock tune and flash it and start from there.

Jet is not known in the 3800 community
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

All your modifications increase the airflow through your engine, but you haven't done anything to the tune to account for the increased airflow. That's why your Long Term Fuel Trims are so far positive. The PCM is adding fuel to make-up for the increased airflow. Maybe a vacuum leak is causing Bank 2 to be more lean than Bank 1 or maybe it is a different reason for the bank-to-bank variation. Bottom line is you need to compensate for the increased airflow and get your tune dialed-in.
    Check out the "stickys" at the top of the forum page.

Edit: Here is a link: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4742
    Last edited by KFZ)^; 06-27-2010 at 01:07 AM. Reason: stickys from Gen 3 V8 forum
    2001 Corvette Z06

Potential Tuner
    Sorry its not a chip per say rather a module that you put in the pcm.Also forgot to mention that i was running 93 octane in that scan.This new scan from last night is with 87 octane with the module removed.I did notice Kr in the first scan and the second scan.I will check out those stickeys,havnet tried to change anything in it yet mostly because i want to know what im changing and why.Also dont have a wideband yet but will have one soon enough then i can start after i learn some things.