Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: tune....

"fresh 94 octane"? You didn't have 6 mo. old gas in the tank this whole time did you?

When did I say that? when i first got the swap done this year yes the gas was 6 months old, but i burnt through that with fresh pretty quickly.

Pump is in the tank now, putting the tank back in tonight, hopely get it all done and take it out and do some scans... also be checking fuel pressure. If not tonight, tomorrow for sure.

Cool! Can't wait.

File "npsafe" is the tune I am using for every day use, 12* of timing.

File "1" is Steve's tune, I get knock still so I have to speak to him about this, it was essentially the tune he used but for some reason I am getting knock on mine, so I will try backing down the timing and see what happens.

Fuel pressure at idle is 50, 60 if I remember right with the fpr unplugged.
    Last edited by Isaak; 06-29-2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: fuel pressure

Has Steve had a look at the 12° safe tune yet?

Not yet no... I have bumped up the timing in that tune by 2*, only had a blip of knock (half a degree) and it was right at the shift so I am not worried about that.

I tried Steve's tune which should work fine, but I am getting still too much knock even with the new pump. I guess it's time for a wideband and really get that afr perfect.

Otherwise the car runs great, no lean issue anymore and the 02's stay up at WOT.

I noticed that. LMK how the WB install/setup goes. I might be looking into one myself soon.

I gotta do some wiring from the pcm since the egr was 100% deleted and that is the route I will be using. I am trying to buy the wb locally but they are plenty more cash, not sure why.