Thread: Baseline

Potential Tuner

Baseline

Hello,
    I just got my HP Tuners software a couple days ago and have been messing around with it. Very cool stuff so far. I'm pretty blown away with all the stuff thats going on to make this car run.

About me: I've been spinning wrenches on cars and bikes for a hobby for about 25 years so I am somewhat mechanically inclined but tuning late model cars is completely new to me. I am fairly technical (Network/Telecom Engineer by trade) so no problems in that area. I think I can pick this stuff up fairly quickly but don't get too crazy on me until I get a little seat time with this thing.

My car: 2001 Corvette Z06, LS6, 6-spd, Aftermarket cam (of unknown spec), CAI, LG longtubes, highflow metal matrix cats, Borla cat backs. Fidanza aluminum flywheel and Centerforce DFX 6 puck clutch, stock geared diff.

Most of the mods were already done when I got the car except the headers which I added just recently. Ever since I added the headers the car runs really fat especially at idle. On occasion it will foul an 02 sensor. I was wondering where a good place to start would be to get this thing running a little better.

I'm pretty sure the current tune is not stock due to the number of modifications that was already done to the car before I got it. That being said, I was hoping somebody could take a look at my "stock" tune, check it out and make some recommendations or make comments good or bad? (See attached .hpt file). Thanks so much.

Rick
    Last edited by CHEVYMETAL; 05-25-2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: forgot somethin
    2001 Z06 Corvette, LG Cam, LG Longtubes, Borla exhaust, NOS 125 shot, Centerforce DFX clutch, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, short throw gear wacker, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's (Street trim).

1978 Chevy LUV truck - 450CI roller "Small Block", AFR Eliminator 225's, JE Pistons, Dart Intake, HP 1050CFM Dominator, TH350, 3.70 Ford 9", NOS 2 Stage Plate system 250/350 shot. Build currently in progress.

How rich at idle? What is the AFR?

Who ever tuned it did a shitty job. I would set some of the tables back to stock and start over. Starting over isn't much, they didn't change a whole lot in the tune.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB