Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injection Timing Calculator

Senior Tuner
    Played with the % numbers a little more, went a little more conservative on timing up top and agressive down low...EGT stays much more controlled, and hopefully he'll see some better mpg.

I also added some boost...the truck seems to like it.

Thanks for posting this, mecanicman...

Potential Tuner
    Did I do this right? I'm really green to this so don't beat me up too bad.
    2000 Chevy S-10, RCSB Stepside,--SWAPPED--5.3L, Ported 241's, 9.2:1 CR, Comp 228/232 .571/.574, FAST92, 90mm TB, BUILT 4L60E, Yank ss4000, Trans cooler, 8.8 LSD 3.73 w/disks, Traction bars, Truck PCM, Tuned w/HPTuners by me, Current Performance Harness, poly motor/trans mount, Headman headers mids, 3" True Duals w/Magnaflow's, CAI, Battery under the bed, Chrome C6 Z06 Deep dish wheels

337HP/304TQ
    12.99@106 w/1.91 60' with stock 4L60e, TCI3000 stall and 28" tall tire

Potential Tuner

timing

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    I have never been able to make the injection timing calculator made for hpt work(For anyone who found the other post about injection timing calculator, all it does is invert the hpt tables so you can use the efi live calculator, I did not realize this back then so I created this one). So, I took version 2 that Josh made and reworked it for hpt myself. If you already have a working calculator, this one is probably no different. I just reworked the tables to correct the axis, and corrected a formula mistake made by Josh in the LMM table. I did considerable error checking against Joshs table and am pretty confident it is correct, but use at your own risk. If you come accross any problems, I would appreciated the feed back to correct it. Enjoy.

Website has been updated, spread sheet is now attached.

Edit:fixed formatting in lmm table
    i need a tutorial for loading tables into injector calculator, 06 duramax, : george smolen

Senior Tuner
    Did you look for one? They put it in the sticky right at the top of the diesel section.

Potential Tuner

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    I have never been able to make the injection timing calculator made for hpt work(For anyone who found the other post about injection timing calculator, all it does is invert the hpt tables so you can use the efi live calculator, I did not realize this back then so I created this one). So, I took version 2 that Josh made and reworked it for hpt myself. If you already have a working calculator, this one is probably no different. I just reworked the tables to correct the axis, and corrected a formula mistake made by Josh in the LMM table. I did considerable error checking against Joshs table and am pretty confident it is correct, but use at your own risk. If you come accross any problems, I would appreciated the feed back to correct it. Enjoy.

Website has been updated, spread sheet is now attached.

Edit:fixed formatting in lmm table

i need a tutorial for loading tables into injector calculator, 06 duramax, : george smolen

so i can get it right , i'm getting better

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbopper View Post

so i can get it right , i'm getting better
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34453

Tuner in Training
    I used 60 and I really like it although I think I need to improve the top end some with fuel just not sure how much and then run it back through the calc

Senior Tuner
    Read through the tutorial completely, you will see it was written for all models of duramax. Also, the important info has been gathered in stickies at the top of the diesel section. The information you seek is all there, just have to go look and read.

Mechanic, when doing the calculator, do you just use the low and then copy it over into all three timing tables, low, mid, hi? Or do you start with low, make changes and copy that, then start with mid, make changes, copy that, and then paste hi, make changes and copy that in? Sorry this is all quite new and want to make sure I am getting things right.

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone have a link to the timing calculator sheet?

Tuner in Training
    Here is a copy of it. Hope it's the right one for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files