Thread: I bought my Hptuners package 2+ years ago... Do I need any updates...

Tuner

I bought my Hptuners package 2+ years ago... Do I need any updates...

Or anything like that?

I bought it probably 3 or 4 years ago, and did the trans tuning that I needed to do and haven't really messed with it since then. I'm getting ready to do some more tuning now. Do I need any updates or newer versions?

tia.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    2.22 is the newest public version so if you're running that & it works for your application you likely don't need any updates currently.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    ^^ thanks. I just checked and I'm on vcm suite 2.1. So does that mean I need an online update or software exchange?

tia.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by anymanusa View Post
    ^^ thanks. I just checked and I'm on vcm suite 2.1. So does that mean I need an online update or software exchange?

tia.
    I checked and my version is 2.1.14. I don't need an update as bad as I need this version to work on my new laptop. The only reason I'm on this forum asking this question is because my old laptop crashed the harddrive and I had to buy a new one and re-install this software. Now I can't install the driver for the mpvi, windows says "we need a digital sig to install" blah blah.

I'll try to upload some screenshots of the messages that I've gotten, but I really need to get this show on the road as I have a slight engine problem that can only be solved with a working HPTuners package.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuner

Tuner
    I just found this thread:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...highlight=mpvi

I guess I'll try it out.

Tuner
    ^^that seemed to work. I'm back up and running now. What should I do about version 2.1.14 vs 2.2.2 though?

Tuner
    -oh, I guess my version doesn't have support for my 2006 duramax silverado, huh? I couldn't read the vcm (pcm?). I guess I'll need to update. What is the procedure for that now?

thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    download, then install, done.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    download, then install, done.
    well no sh!t. I was hoping for a link, since I looked around and searched HPTuners.com for 'updates' and didn't see anything. I emailed the cust. serv. and Jay Payson sent me the appropriate link. Now I'm updated.

I did use your video tutorial and found it helpful, but for some reason the sound was all muffed up. I'm not a retard, but I really don't expect to have to spend hours searching for updates when I paid $650 for this software. Nor do I really expect to have to do some work-around for drivers that aren't 'digitally signed'. I try to go with the flow as much as possible, but the reason for this thread was for a direct answer. I guess this forum isn't the place for that, and maybe the direct 'contact' is. Sorry, I will contact customer support from now on.

Senior Tuner
    If you go to the HP Tuners home page:

http://www.hptuners.com/

In the upper right hand corner you will see a customer login block.

Login using your interface serial number and a password you created. You will find a link to the download of the current public version in your customer center.
    Jaime