Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: using the transient (dy/dx) filters

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    This would be awesome. I've often tried to make this possible with what's available, but if it was a simple feature, it'd kick ass.
    It could easily be done in Excel. It isn't live information but it still can be useful analyzing later on.

Just export the data. In a cell to the right of the data write AVERAGE=(C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8,C9,C10) noting that the center cell would be C5 or C6 so to get an average both ahead and behind. If the center was C10 then the average would ignore the future data and calculate only past data in the average. Or likewise if the center was C1 then the average would be just whats ahead, like a pre-emptive line.

Now the actual formula will be different but you should get the idea. Once you wrote the first line, drag the formula cell down to fill the rest. It should transpose the formula per location. Making an average spread easy.

If your good with Excel you can generate graphs and charts too. Well worth it for ultra fine tuning projects.

I'm pretty well versed in Excel, but as you said... it's not live data. It's something that'd be easy enough (most likely) to be incorporated into HP Tuners. If they add it, great... If they don't, oh well. I've never required it before, but it'd be nice to have.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Bringing this back from the dead.

Anybody ever truly get this dy/dx filter to work right? I haven't played with it in a little while now but last time I did just couldn't get things to pan out.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS View Post
    Bringing this back from the dead.

Anybody ever truly get this dy/dx filter to work right? I haven't played with it in a little while now but last time I did just couldn't get things to pan out.
    Exactly what I want to know, I get the same error as you. I get the actual TPS value for that frame. I tried all kinds of ideas and none worked.

I'm almost considering an arduino based calculator of the sensor itself and return a ROC to be read in a custom PID. TPS shouldn't be too hard. Just calculating roc.

Though, I wish someone would give a straight answer like....

(a) This is the exact code in the custom pid "xx..y.u..etc"
    or
    (b) It doesn't work yet until we update the software

And yet another bump for an answer to the age old question.....how to get the dy/dx formula to work

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    You cannot do it, unless you have a way of indexing (i.e.: 'one frame back') data. I am not aware of such functionality in HPT.

For all of us who paid quite a bit for the HP Tuners tuning software and hardware, we deserve a better explanation of how to use
    the transient filters. The way things stand now, the programmer worked hard to give us a feature than no one can successfully explain
    how to use. If it was a well intended feature that did not pan out as intended and is essentially useless, then HP Tuners should
    say so and be done with it, otherwise PLEASE provide ONE detailed example to your customers of how it works.

Steve Williams and James Short, did either of you guys figure out if it is possible to create a useful transient filter
    using the dx/dy feature?

I tried using it a long time ago and since then haven't messed with it anymore. Since I have a loaded dyno and can easily map tables in steady state I really don't personally have the need for this feature any longer.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

So... HPT crew... Any word on when these will be fully functioning? It would be nice if we could have the time since last frame as a loggable parameter in addition to the delta between the current frame and previous frame of any PID.

In VCM Scanner 2.25.

Not sure why they're not working in 2.24, that code hasn't changed since it was implemented.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Could you give us an example of how it works? Maybe use it in a sentence? Lol. What EXACTLY is the current intended functionality? Is it delta since last frame divided by time since last frame?
    Last edited by DSteck; 10-06-2014 at 01:11 PM.

We just need to buy a loaded dyno like James did!

Tuner
    I know you guys have the 2.25 editor in beta. How far out is the scanner?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesLinder View Post
    We just need to buy a loaded dyno like James did!
    I have one for sale!!!
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

James, you getting a new one or what? I hope you are not getting out of the business?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesLinder View Post
    James, you getting a new one or what? I hope you are not getting out of the business?
    No def not getting out of it! If anything looking to expand to other markets that I've previously stopped working with (ie OBD1 Honda, OBD1 GM, late model Dodge/Ford).

I already have a new one. So I have two Dyno Dynamics at the moment. Been trying to move the older one for a year now. Terrible economy and limited customer base to sell one of these things too. Not like it's a C6Z06 or something lol.

Only reason for the upgrade was to get a newer model that had all options as compared to my older one. I'll be honest I'm still using the older one though. The new one has been sitting on the trailer for 3-4 months in the shop.
    ShorTuning

I successfully set up some dynamic filters on TPS and MAP recently to log transient fueling behavior. Let me know if you have any questions
    on configuring these for a specific purpose.

James Short: DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR OLD DYNO??????????????

I emailed you and your wife a couple of times; first time to ask for advice on tuning transient fuel,
    and the second time because I have met someone in Arkansas who would like to know how much
    you are asking for your old Dyno if you have not already sold it.

Did you change your email address or just ignoring my emails? ANYWAY. . . . . .

The guy owns Best Brakes & More in Rogers, AR. They were the only shop I could find to install
    the new nitrous system on my 2000 Camaro. His contact information is below:

Jesse Sanders
    BBM Auto Repair
    2820 NE Hudson Road
    Rogers, AR 72756
    Phone: 479-621-9880

Jesse has installed turbo chargers on the Gen5 Camaros and I believe would like to expand into
    tuning which is always required when modifying modern muscle cars.

Jim

We have been out of town for the holidays and just now getting back and settled in for the new year. I just responded to both of your emails.
    ShorTuning