Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LNF Aftermarket CVN Check - have tech2, need info.

LNF Aftermarket CVN Check - have tech2, need info.

So, anyone got a link for the aftermarket calibration check from gm via tech2? Finally got one, wanna put the whole write-entire thing through its paces.

Tuner
    what I wanna know is does every car have it's own calibration number or whatever. Or can I just get a stock 09 file and use it. I don't have a stock file for my car no more.
    09 Cobalt SS/TC

Tuner
    if any 2009 file will work, i can e-mail you mine.

Advanced Tuner
    I think you could change all tables to stock, write calibration then pull the whole tune file off as stock but idk. back to the op, did you figure it out? I know its in a tsb somewhere. ill check the hhr forums when I get some time. chevymgr.

Tuner
    I want to have a couple small warranty things done, and my boss said that we have to be able to show GM the ecm is stock. He dont care that its not but doesnt want to get audited. Thats why I need to know.
    09 Cobalt SS/TC

Advanced Tuner
    If you can take a pic of the Tech 2 screen showing the calibration numbers I can see if they are all GM or not. If he doesn't know how to get to the screen that has the calibrations let me know. He should know this if he owns the Tech 2.

I asked him how to check and if you give me your email I will forward it to you when he replies.

Advanced Tuner
    also cmiller, if you use someone elses stock tune, I doubt it would match up. if you pull your entire current tune, then change everything to match stock tables, then do a write entire. I think that would be like doing a write entire with your stock tune. if your warranty work has nothing to do with powertrain, there is no reason they should inspect for a tune.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    also cmiller, if you use someone elses stock tune, I doubt it would match up. if you pull your entire current tune, then change everything to match stock tables, then do a write entire. I think that would be like doing a write entire with your stock tune. if your warranty work has nothing to do with powertrain, there is no reason they should inspect for a tune.
    It is powertrain.
    09 Cobalt SS/TC

Tuner
    I can also go in gmglobalconnect and look up the calibration id's and stuff. My OS is still the same but hptuners does not show the cvn number.
    09 Cobalt SS/TC

Advanced Tuner
    if you have the cvn numbers just go here to check them:

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Tuner in Training
    why dont you log onto tech connect and use the tech2 to flash your pcm... kind of like setting up a new pcm for it. that would put it back to stock.. completely.. and they dont care about the settings, they will read the crc's and how many times the tunes have been changed. however in 10yrs, mainly the last 5 in particular, i have never seen them check.

Advanced Tuner
    in the last year we have had to check more and more cvn numbers, and we have had some that gm would not pay because the cvn numbers did not match
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Tuner
    Were trying this on friday in my car.
    09 Cobalt SS/TC

Advanced Tuner
    any update on this cmiller?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    any update on this cmiller?
    My buddie ended up calling off sick so we didnt get it done. Hopefully on tues now he says. If I knew how it worked I would have tried it today but didnt wanna mess anything up.
    09 Cobalt SS/TC

Tuner
    Finally got the car in the shop and flashed it with the stock tune. All part numbers and cvn numbers are matching. Ready for warranty.
    09 Cobalt SS/TC

Very good sir, thanks for letting us know.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner
    Your welcome.
    09 Cobalt SS/TC

Write entire confirmed (again)

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Write entire confirmed (again)
    +1 but I had an interesting conversation with someone from "powertrain" at an event and off the record there are tools that they have ... not the dealer .. that can find what they are looking for should they really need to look ... just a word to the wise