Thread: PCM serial data issues

Tuner in Training

PCM serial data issues

I just finish installing a 2000 F-Body LS1/ 4L60E into a 1984 Vette. I also swap in a 2000 C5 Vette dash /cluster so I would have a turnkey display. Everything is working (speedo, tach, engine temp, voltage) but some of the serial data like the fuel level & oil pressure is not. I have a 2002 F-Body PCM . The pin out between the F-Body & 2002 Corvette PCMs look the same except the corvette have extra options. I tried adding the corresponding pins for the fuel & oil pressure gauge but the serial data is still not getting information to the gauges. All the other serial data is being display on the C5 cluster: tire pressure, coolant temp, oil temperature, etc.
    I figured the 2002 Camaro PCM would be identical to the 2002 Corvette , but maybe it’s not or is there somewhere on the HP tuner S/W I need to add these functions. I look around but couldn't find anything. The fuel gauge should at least work? Transducer Ground issue?
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by vettedan View Post
    I just finish installing a 2000 F-Body LS1/ 4L60E into a 1984 Vette. I also swap in a 2000 C5 Vette dash /cluster so I would have a turnkey display. Everything is working (speedo, tach, engine temp, voltage) but some of the serial data like the fuel level & oil pressure is not. I have a 2002 F-Body PCM . The pin out between the F-Body & 2002 Corvette PCMs look the same except the corvette have extra options. I tried adding the corresponding pins for the fuel & oil pressure gauge but the serial data is still not getting information to the gauges. All the other serial data is being display on the C5 cluster: tire pressure, coolant temp, oil temperature, etc.
    I figured the 2002 Camaro PCM would be identical to the 2002 Corvette , but maybe it’s not or is there somewhere on the HP tuner S/W I need to add these functions. I look around but couldn't find anything. The fuel gauge should at least work? Transducer Ground issue?
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Dan
    dunno about the vette cluster, but for the F-body cluster, the oil pressure gauge isnt controlled by the serial data, it uses its own cable that runs straight to the oil pressure sender.

on f-body cluster its: A14 TAN sir.no 31 Oil pressure indicator control.

As for the fuel level, you must use a 4th gen fuel level sensor, and connect it to: RED 54 PPL cir.no 1589 Fuel level sensor signal, then the ECM interprets that signal and sends the data through the serial data cable to the fuel level gauge

you'll probably need to use a corvette OS and CAL on the PCM, serial data options and other things are generally controlled via the calibration.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys, I'm still working the issue.
    Dan

Did you try what Chris mentioned?
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06