Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: VCM Suite 2.0.16 Available Now!!

Tuner

Re: VCM Suite 2.0.16 Available Now!!

Quote Originally Posted by moregrip

I've downloaded V2.0.16 and I have those 3 icons in my HPT folder but I don't have the "VCM Suite Help" w/blue question mark icon, instead I have "VCM Suite" icon with a yellow question mark, is this correct?
    thanks

never heard back on this, noticed there are some help files "getting started" sections not there.....any help? thanks
    05 2500HD 6.0L, Magnacharger Radix, Magnaflow CatBack, TransGo HD-2, Detroit Locker, Caltracs, Intro Pentia8 20x10\'s, BFG G-force KDW Tires 305/50-20\'s, M&H 33/15.50-16 Cheater Slicks, HPTuners V2.0.1

Did you uninstall 1.7 first?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Did you uninstall 1.7 first?
    yes I did, only thing on here now is 2.0.16, should I uninstall then reinstall again?
    05 2500HD 6.0L, Magnacharger Radix, Magnaflow CatBack, TransGo HD-2, Detroit Locker, Caltracs, Intro Pentia8 20x10\'s, BFG G-force KDW Tires 305/50-20\'s, M&H 33/15.50-16 Cheater Slicks, HPTuners V2.0.1

when you click that help icon does it bring you to the 2.0 help files?

It should say "Whats new in vcm suite 2.0" on the main page.

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    when you click that help icon does it bring you to the 2.0 help files?

It should say "Whats new in vcm suite 2.0" on the main page.
    No, it says "Whats new in version 2.0", it has no data in the getting started section except connecting.

ok thats right.

Potential Tuner

Keith,
    I just received my software on Friday and I tried to read my pcm today and I get the same error message that 99Zee28 had. I also have EIO and the CD I received in the mail says it is version 2.0.16. Could I get the update you sent to 99Zee28 so I can try it again. I'd like to read my pcm before I put the car away for the year so I can start learning about all the parameters and stuff. Thanks.

Nick Schultz

Edit: Hey Keith I e-mailed you about my resolution. I forgot to have the black EIO box pluged in between the diag port and the lap top. I only had the one cable connected, not both. Thanks for the quick e-mail reply though. Seems like so far it's A+++ customer service. Great job guys I can't wait to start learning more.

Nick
    Nick

Tuner

Got mine yesterday However , I had to endure TWO VERY FRUSTRATING hours of changing cables , reading the help file , checking everything and the result I still got that darn " The interface was not found or is not responding. " message . Then as I was about to give up I read " Verify that you have no other software program running that uses the COM ports (Palm Pilot, UPS, Etc) " and remembered a thread here about the same. I don't have a palm but I have an Imate Jasjar Communicator that syncs with the laptop. It uses USB so I didn't think it would matter. Anywho I check the program just to be sure and sure enough ( Program is MicroSoft ActiveSync ) it is using COM1 even though I'm connecting via USB. So I switch it off. Try again .... nothing ???. So in true windows fashion I restart ..... Then Voila . I'm in business. ;D . Downloaded my stock bin . I'll be going for my first scan today

P.S. May I suggest the above problem ( Sync Software ) is mentioned is the Help File. Just a suggestion . I think it would help .
    03 Mercedes ML55 AMG - Stock
    06 S2000
    06 GMC Sierra 3500 - Tuned
    09 GT-R - Stock
    09 Lexus LX570
    10 Camaro SS , Bolt Ons , Tuned

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by 99Zee28
    Keith,

I downloaded 2.0 last thursday and installed on my laptop. Everything worked great until I tried to flash with it and I got a error.

[glow=red,2,300](The interface was not found or is not responding. Verify it is connected properly and that the vehicles diagnostic port has power)[/glow]
    I checked cable out and it seemed to be fine so I removed 2.0 and put 1.7 back on. Works fine with 1.7 so must not recognize my cable.

Thanks
    Nick

I had the same fault when i installed 2.0 . i found the fault to be my pcmcia to sieral adapter which i had to use with 1.7 because i had problems with usb.

whent back to usb it now works perfect