Thread: Vy Ss Pig!!!

Tuner

Vy Ss Pig!!!

hey guys having dramas with a ute, ute is an 04 VY SS 4 spd auto gen III.

std intake and MAF and full exhaust headers and twin 2.5 with hotdogs and one muffler

after 5 grand on the dyno AFR's go from 12.8-13.0 skyrocket up to 13.6 and 13.8.... when i back off to scared to stay up it, motor doesnt det in power run.

is thios a mechanical issue, i have attatched tune and log however log doesnt have afr as my dynojet WB is a heap of SHIT and i trust the autronics one much more.

ute only made 282RWHP too and torque is about 470nm and a very wavy line on the graph...

as you can see by the tune ive added HEAPS in power enrich and the VE to try and fatten it up, no joy....

also i have tuned this MAFLESS with otr and only made 277RWHP.... this is why i tried MAF tune to see if it was me.... no AFR dramas with MAFLESS tune... both are attatched,
    cheers for any help in advance this ute is running around stock atm as i wouldnt give it back to the customer like it was.

this ute is costing me a fortune in dyno hire.
    Last edited by lukearmstrong; 06-17-2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: attatchments
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

In the log it does not show what you are saying. It looks fine.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    as i said above, i ont trust my dyno jet wide band and have consequently ignored it's data and the last log looks the same only without wideband data.... i went off the autronics WB on the dyno which has between 13.0-12.8 once in PE and after 5000rpm AFR skyrockerts to 13.6-13.8 which is by 5650 where i back off see attatched which is probably useless for you
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Tuner in Training
    you flashed a sedan tune in it didnt you, fuel pressure is dropping.
    zero out torque management tab>max torque
    just looked at your tunes, why did you max that value on the maf tune? it reduces fuel pump voltage
    Last edited by bpm; 06-19-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Tuner
    Cheers for your help, any explanation on low power, no sedan tune mate, just modified stock file and reflashed.

Tuner in Training
    what has been done to the car? exhaust, etc. dunno what dyno you are using, on mine (mainline) most stockers max out around 300rwhp, some a little more, some a little less. some have shit valve springs and draw wavy lines at the top of the curve and low power.

do you lock the converter on the run?
    Last edited by bpm; 06-19-2010 at 06:35 AM.

Tuner
    Hey mate, yes mainline dyno, vz ls1 exhaust only 308 hp, 500 and something nm. That was manual, this is auto, it's a pig, has headers full twin two and half exhaust, 277hp maffless otr 13.0 and 24 degrees no ping, 282 hp wavey torque line with maff tune and lean problems 470nm, converter not locked, just trans locked in 3rd

Tuner in Training
    might just be a shit one, zero that table in tq managment, will fix the lean out. seen it heaps of times

Tuner
    Cheers heaps I'll do that asap and put the tune back in and run it up..., then I'm gonna lean on the tranny old mate goes make it shift hard, I don't care if it breaks. I think that's an invite, any tips