Thread: Bumping up idle

Bumping up idle

Hey, I just bought HPT about a week ago. I have much to learn.

Right now I'm trying it out on my 2000 4.3L Chevy Blazer. These 4.3L tend to be shakers. Especially when you swap out the sorry soft rubber motor mounts with poly mounts.

My Blazer runs nice and smooth just like a daily stock cruiser should....except for when idling, in gear with the A/C on.... It vibrates to much and sounds like some one is behind me with huge subwoofers. When I barely tough the gas it smooths right out.

So all I want to do with it for now is bump up the idle so it's not so annoying. Any body have some pointer on what to change? Right now I'm looking at the "Target Idle Speed" window. Should I just change the "in gear AC on" number that are in the dark green?

Sorry if I sound real noobish....It's just...well...I'm a real newbie...
    Last edited by 12sws27; 06-26-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Change it a bit, flash it, and see what happens
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by umrjmac View Post
    Change it a bit, flash it, and see what happens
    I did earlier today. Work well. I had to bump it up more than I thought though.

Idles nice and smooth now when at a traffic light w/ac on. I'm happy.

Is there something that can be done about the idle dropping below what I set it at on deceleration? For an example, if I tap the throttle with in park the rpms raise, come down just a little lower then what I set them at them go right back up. Also drops a little when I turn on the ac or put it in gear. When it does that it'll vibrate a little then smooth right out. Am I explaining it good enough?