Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got Hp tuner

Tuner

Just got Hp tuner

i just got hp tuner and i wanted someone to look at my tune and see what they think about it
    i had my car dyno tuned at a shop
    i am going to go log the car soon
    i just dont like how when i get on it a little bit and i am seeing about 10 psi i am still at like 14 afr untill i go wot and it goes to about 11.7

this is on a 2006 ss/sc cobalt with 2.7, meth, 60s, fmhe, dual pass, 3in intake and 3in exhaust

i just went for a drive and tried to log it i dont know if i saved it right and i think i saved over my driving around log so 2 might be the same
    the seems to take to long for the afr to go to around 11s
    i step on it and it is in the 14s then start to go down
    i dont know what happened after i got tune everything was fine and i have been to the track wail on this tune
    Last edited by bl4des; 06-29-2010 at 09:13 PM.

You have not posted any logs (hpl)

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

Tuner
    ok then i did saved the other ones wrong is that one right after i save it the first time i didnt know how to do it again i didnt see the option there

then i only have an idle one it is to late to go back out tonight i will have to go and get some more logs early tomorrow
    Last edited by bl4des; 06-29-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Mods:2.7, 60s, RAW 3in Intake, ZZP Midlength , Hahn 3in Catback, Dual Pass, ZZP S3 H/E, Meth, OTTP Rotated Mounts, SMG Tuned, TTR Rear Sway Bar, B&M STS

The injector Flow rate vs KPA table is TERRIBLE. Omega Has an excel sheet of what numbers to put for every injector. Your PE setting are completely fucked, because your MAF is probably off as hell. And i cant imagine ur Idle being smooth at all on 60s at 750rpm. Start over from scratch. You'll awaken a totally new beast.

And the reason it takes sooooo long for the correct AFR under wot, is because ur enrichment rate is .3. Set that to 2

^^^this

start with the Injector setting spreadsheet, raise idle to 900, and set PE and leave it alone

then start with MAF and then timing

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

Completely redoing your tune is alot for someone who just got hptuners, but its something that needs done

i know cam but the spreadsheet is like copy/paste

384whp/303wtq

Tuner
    ok i raised my enrichment rate to 2 change my idle and where can i find omegas excel sheet

Mods:2.7, 60s, RAW 3in Intake, ZZP Midlength , Hahn 3in Catback, Dual Pass, ZZP S3 H/E, Meth, OTTP Rotated Mounts, SMG Tuned, TTR Rear Sway Bar, B&M STS

Tuner in Training
    theres a thread for tuning 60's with all the correct flow rates and offsets.

here it is http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17962

Tuner
    can i get a base tune from someone so i can have have somewhere to start with redoing my tune

here ya go, made 259/236 on conservative tune

but i suggest you use this file to get started, then work out the short pulse tables from Omegas spreadsheet

FYI this is all the help you get until you read, read, read

open editor hit f1 and read all the tables meaning

384whp/303wtq

Tuner
    ok thanks one more thing that base tune is that with or without meth
    i want to disconnected the meth and start from there

no meth...

384whp/303wtq

Tuner
    where is the spread sheet you guys are talking about i can only find one and i am not sure if it is the one you are taking about
    i am just really nervous tuning my car
    Last edited by bl4des; 07-01-2010 at 02:04 PM.

relax, what you are trying to fix is your idle...it wont explode at idle

384whp/303wtq

Tuner
    i dont think my idle is that bad but last night at the track my car was running to lean
    i couldn't even make 1 wot pass
    i think it had something to do with my meth. it is kinda old so there might be to much water in it

and i would like to be able to just start from scratch and tune my car myself

i took the tune you gave me put in the stock timing tables and used the injector settings from my tune
    and made it command 11.8 instead of the 12.0

i haven't loaded it to my car yet and i am not sure what to start with once i do

here is the tune i plan on putting on my car so you can see what i changed
    please let me know if i messed anything up before i put it on my car

im about to board my flight from bangkok to tokyo so i cant review yet, but unplug meth. load my tune and drive it to log it with appropriate histos

with similar mods i was still commanding 24* off meth

384whp/303wtq

Tuner
    i dont know what histos to use but i am going to go out now and just get some normal driving logs

Tuner
    ok so i went put and loged the car a little bit
    i tried to go wot and it seems to be running a little lean so i got out of it

i still dont know what i am doing i just want to get it to be able to go wot safely