Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 3-4 shift 6l80E track only...

Tuner in Training
    Bumpity bump, anyone have any updates on this? Ran the car at the track today not expecting it until i made my first pass, felt the hesitation than was pissed.

Even drove around the long way afterwards the hot lap on part of the road course and got a couple good shifts in, went back without turning the car off and felt no difference in shift speed. Does almost seem like a 3-4 check, but would think it could be turned off or maybe only needed after so long of a key off period.

Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor View Post
    Given the clutch packs controlling the 3-4 shift are the smallest (and weakest) in the 6L80, I think the reason that my A6 behaves so well is a combination of the Alto upgrades as well as the tuning changes. For anybody interested in trying out my transmission settings I've posted up my current tune.

The Atco 4-5-6 clutches are 100% GARBAGE! They are thin, don't handle any heat, cup easy, burn easy, and have no thick bottom plate for support. The only Atco clutches that are worth anything is when upgrading the to the custom 4-5-6 drum that uses the larger powerglide clutches. Unless you go with the custom drum, machining the 4-5-6 drum for an extra stock clutch is the best way to go!

As for the 3-4 hang, after tuning and doing a quick burnout in manual to 4th, I don't have any issues. I don't use any TM except for neutral skip downshifts.

Advanced Tuner
    any other updates on this ?
    I've read it only happens if a WOT run is done right after startup. Word is the car needs to go through the gears once before doing a wot 3-4 shift.
    Hence why most people only have issues at the track, some people trick the ECU but shifting through gears 1-4 in the staging lanes or burnout area