Thread: 3.29 Gears and Questions on how to setup

3.29 Gears and Questions on how to setup

Ok got a question here on this as I have read numerous threads over and over, so please forgive me as I'm trying to double check things here as I'm concerned that this is still setup wrong as far as gear ratio goes. My tuner tells me it doesn't have to be setup the 3.69 ratio with the 1.121 sprocket ratio, so that is why I'm asking. I have 3.29 gears, 2500 ZZP converter, 300M Input shaft, ZZP's output shaft, Shift Kit, Aluminum Tranny Cooler Pan plus Tranny cooler up front, Chrome Moly Pump Shaft, Hardened 4th Clutch Shaft, & Meizere Billet Flywheel.

Does anyone know what kind of symptoms or problems can result from having the transmission setup as 3.29 gear ratio with the sprocket at 1.0. This is how my transmission is setup, and I am wondering what kind of issues I should experience from something like this. My car seems to shift normal and fine, the only problem I have experienced is the 1-2 shift is horribly slow and it might even be hitting the rev limiter (probably need to adjust the RPM down lower as it shifts perfect the 2-3 shift, so I'm thinking the RPM is off and it's commanding to shift to late resulting in the limiter being hit still). Not 100% sure, I haven't logged it to know exactly just yet and my car is horribly loud. My 2-3 shift seems to be working fine and solid. Tranny temps haven't gotten over 190 degrees in 95 degree weather, so it's not overheating.

Let me know your thoughts as I know and have read the numerous threads about the tranny needing to be setup at 3.69 with a sprocket of 1.121. Please confirm it indeed needs to be setup like this and that the new version of HP Tuners cannot understand the sprocket at 1.0 as it should be if we were in a perfect tuning world.

Thanks,
    Amir
    Last edited by Rare87GT; 06-30-2010 at 09:20 AM.

do you know if the builder of the transmission changed the output speed reluctor wheel? if you have any ?s feel free to give me a call 715-541-2558 i can work ya through it.
    99 Regal- CT PT 61 turbo, IC, 65# injectors, 1.9s, LT1 MAF, Custom built Trans, 3000 stall converter, 11.84 @ 117 1.81 60'

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by harmon_performance_trans View Post
    do you know if the builder of the transmission changed the output speed reluctor wheel? if you have any ?s feel free to give me a call 715-541-2558 i can work ya through it.
    yes ask the builder is the reluctor wheel was changed. if so thats why hes telling you you dont need to change anything. you speedo will be off though.
    96 l67 CAVALIER. PT76GTQ TURBO AND IC. PB: 10.62@138MPH ON 19PSI. DYNOED 502WHP AND 415FTLBS OF TORQUE.

No I don't think so. I bought the Triple Edge Performance 3.29 gear set. I am getting the PO730 incorrect gear ratio code and we just deleted it. Is that ok? I guess all I'm wondering is, am I screwing up my transmission, but having it set like that? That's my concern. If it's just virtually wrong as the computer thinks it's wrong, I'm not too worried. What problems would I even notice besides setting the code? I mean it seems to shift fine. Just seems 1-2 shift is kind of sluggish, the 2-3 is fine though....