Thread: Pricing stuff

Tuner in Training

Pricing stuff

Im looking at buying a used package of HPTuners. It is for a 2001 fbody and a 2004 corvette. Prob is I want to get a 2000 and 1998 fbody added to it. That being said 399 is really expensive considering I wont be using the 2004 corvette part? Anyway I can just trade this. I would also be buying the EIO too.

Advanced Tuner

Re: Pricing stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Spenser309
    Im looking at buying a used package of HPTuners. It is for a 2001 fbody and a 2004 corvette. Prob is I want to get a 2000 and 1998 fbody added to it. That being said 399 is really expensive considering I wont be using the 2004 corvette part? Anyway I can just trade this. I would also be buying the EIO too.
    Let try to understand this a little better...

You are buying a USED HPT interface with 01 Fbody, and 04 Ybody support. $399 I guess...

Now, you dont have a 04 Ybody car, so $399 becomes expensive to you..

Now here's the part I get confused... You want to send in this $399 interface to HPT, then expect them to just erase the Ybody support, ADD 00 and 98 Fbody, in the course of erasing the Ybody just throw in one of those newly supported cars free. ADD EIO for another $$$...

Well, someone paid for that current interface didnt they. But you are asking HPT to just break even on switching one to the another since you are buying another interface, and EIO...

I dont think so.... I support you however in wanting that option... Maybe they do and I have never heard about it...

I have the chance to buy a interface today that is programmed for 6 different support models.. Trouble is, they are Buicks, and I want Pontiac's. It already has EIO support. If I get this $1400 interface for $500, and ask HPT to just flip those Buick support models to Pontiac, you think they would?

It would be nice if they had an upgrade option to get model restructuring. They would end up with 100's of interface cables to just flip models around if they did this for free. They might would end up with 20 out of 100 if the upgrade change was reasonable.

Loyde

Tuner in Training

Re: Pricing stuff

good point guess i wont do it then.