Thread: can not calibrate lc1

Potential Tuner

can not calibrate lc1

I know that this is not a hptuner issue but i am in need of some help with calibrating my lc1. I have tried everything that I know humanly possible to connect to my lc1 to calibrate it and always get the same message sayin "Please connect the device to a serial port and switch it on" I have checked all grounds and all connections. I am also using a usb to seril connector with updated drivers. Does anyone know what comm the lc1 is setup to connect to? Iknow that my adapter is configured correctly to my computer because I have used it today on another device. Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

..RJ..
    1997 Pantom Dually Sonoma m6 ls1

Swap pics

Subscribed. I have to calibrate my LC-1 as well and our laptop does not have a serial port.

same issue

i have been able to connect with the software but programming changes do not seem to take.

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

I purchased a USB to serial port adapter (made by Gigaware and available at the Shack for $38) and was able to connect to the LC-1. The connection was not automatic -- in Logworks, I had to click on "File" and then "Connect" for it to recognize the serial port adapter. Logworks then has to be closed to open the LM Programmer so that it can connect. I reconfigured the Analog 2 output settings as recommended to work with HP Tuners. Next step will be to connect the output to the MPVI. It appears I need to also run a ground wire? Have to do some more reading.

Quote Originally Posted by wadesns View Post
    Does anyone know what comm the lc1 is setup to connect to?
    It's not the LC-1 that's configured for a specific com port. The USB/Serial adapter emulates a com port that the LC-1 connects to. It should be found somewhere in the configuration software that was included with the adapter. Otherwise, you should see a com port within the hardware in the windows device manager control panel.
    Last edited by Rhino; 07-08-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Got My Programming Completed, But The Vcm Is Way Off From The Gauge

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

Quote Originally Posted by Japeatr View Post
    Got My Programming Completed, But The Vcm Is Way Off From The Gauge
    Are you saying your AFR in Scanner is different from Logworks? If so then thats your offset voltage that you have to account for.
    Last edited by BigRedHateMachine; 07-17-2010 at 01:00 PM.
    --04 A4 Goat--

--Mods--SLP LT's, BBK SSI Intake and TB, FAST Fuel Rails, CAI and MAF, Small Cam---Best time 13.4 @ 104

Posting here as a reminder since I don't have the correct PC for this issue. You have to make sure that you don't have two different drivers mapped to the same port. I initially got this error as well with my BlackBerry.