Thread: efi university?

Tuner in Training

efi university?

i just enrolled in efi101 at efi university. i will be attending the class this weekend july 10th. i was wondering if anyone has attended this school or class and what others opinions are. i plan on tuning my turbo camaro once it is done. hopefully this class will give me the confidence to do so. thanks

Tuner
    I've attended both efi101 beginners and the advanced course. They are very good courses for general engine tuning theory and background info. There is nothing really geard specifically towards using HP Tuners and tuning GM vehicles but the concept of tuning applies to any vehicle. I think you will find the class informative.
    I'm going to be attending Greg Banish's advanced GM class July 17th so I'll be able to compare the efi university classes to his. I'm pretty sure Greg's class will be geard more towards what I want to focus on though since it's focused on GM vehicles.
    Good luck at efi101.

Tuner in Training
    yes i completed the class this last sunday and though it was very informative in the general knowledge in efi tuning. i do feel more confident now

Senior Tuner
    www.TheTuningSchool.com in person or learn at home program. Best tuning $'s we've ever invested! A step by step approach of "HOW TO" tune written specifically for use with HP Tuners.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Has anyone ordered one of these at EFI University online?
    Advanced EFI Tuning Concepts >> 14 Lessons ($299.00)
    Intro to EFI 18 Lessons >> ($149.00)
    Throttle Mass Flow and Torque Management 8 Lessons >> ($149.00)
    Advanced Turbo Concepts >> 33 Lessons ($349.00)

Are they worth the money? I'm a student on a tight budget and I'm already paying for the Tuning course online at Pimion and Evans Performance Academy.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkede View Post
    Has anyone ordered one of these at EFI University online?
    Advanced EFI Tuning Concepts >> 14 Lessons ($299.00)
    Intro to EFI 18 Lessons >> ($149.00)
    Throttle Mass Flow and Torque Management 8 Lessons >> ($149.00)
    Advanced Turbo Concepts >> 33 Lessons ($349.00)

Are they worth the money? I'm a student on a tight budget and I'm already paying for the Tuning course online at Pimion and Evans Performance Academy.
    I have gone to EFI University for the in-class EFI tuning. I also took the Throttle Mass flow and advanced turbo concepts online.
    I really recommend going to the school however you can learn everything you need to online. The in class course you get time on the dyno learning to operate the dyno controls.
    The main issue you will face as a tuner is learning the software for each tuner. This is the MAIN issue; they are all different. I would say standalone softwares are usually the easiest to learn. Once you get the fundamentals of tuning you can then learn the software platform to tune what you want.
    The other thing you will learn is you NEED a dyno for proper tuning of ignition timing.
    Ben at EFI university is an awesome guy and you will learn much more at the school, however, for the price, online can't be beat.
    Last edited by MAX_CFM; 07-20-2020 at 09:13 PM.