Thread: P0601

P0601

K, so I got a P0601, and from what I've read the ECU is fried? I'm OE OS, never changed it. Everything was fine, made some small shift point changes and then it started getting weird. The guages stopped working, but the car started and drove fine. I shut it off, then back on, it started for a second, then the CEL came on and it died, never stated after that. It's got a slew of comunication codes, but p0601 seems to be the most relavant. I tried a rewrite, and a write entire, both worked without failures or recoverys, but it still doesn't start.

So the ecu, is crapped, sucks but no biggy. Now I've got another ECU comming, so my question is, 1. Will I have to license the new one, and two do I have to change the VIN? Or can I just stick it in the car, upload my tune, and call it a day..

Thanx,
    CK

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You would need to license the new pcm, you should be able to utilized the change vin/vats/tunerlock feature if you plan on writing your old calibration to your new pcm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Is there any specific order of opperations (or how to write up). Like read the ECU, save it, change vin, then flash my tune? Or to I flash my tune with the vin change?
    CK

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Really what you should do with a new pcm is have a dealer/shop with access to a tech 2 flash the pcm with your vin & the newest os then read/license/tune away.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"