Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E37 Tuning

Potential Tuner
    controller unlocker x11 service not supported

That's weird, it is supported. I have tuned 2 or my cars with the e37 ecm. A 2009 Pontiac g5 with a 2.2 and a 2008 g5 with the 2.4 ecotec. Has it been tuned before? The ecm might be locked or if you have trifecta tune you cannot read it with hptuners. Not sure on the error messages though

Tuner in Training
    I have a big question about the E37. I have recently revived an old project I had years ago, and I'm considering using an LAP engine and its E37 controller. I need the ECM to be able to control a supercharger though, similar to the outputs that the E67 has in the 4.4 SC northstar or SC LS9 and LSA engines.

HP Tuners does have the tables for supercharger control; they look very much like the E67's tables (in Airflow and Torque Management sections). But does the E37 have pins that can be used for those features? I'm thinking of the SCIP sensor input, boost control solenoid output, and coolant pump output in particular. Has anyone used those controls from the E37 ECM successfully? Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoidborg View Post
    But does the E37 have pins that can be used for those features? I'm thinking of the SCIP sensor input, boost control solenoid output, and coolant pump output in particular. Has anyone used those controls from the E37 ECM successfully? Thanks!
    Let me know if you find out. I have a supercharged LAP and would like to find a dedicated relay for the coolant pump and heat exchanger fan rather than piggybacking off the fuel pump.

Tuner in Training
    I tried turning on the coolant pump in VCM scanner and no relays came on. Pretty sure mine isn't using the right outputs from the ECM. May still be possible.