Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6L80e flare shift after re-program

Tuner in Training
    Any new updates to this problem?

I am having a difficult time, after every reflash the trans seems to have a mind of its own. I cant get the trans to hit my shift points or RPM shifts at WOT.

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher2ss View Post
    Any new updates to this problem?

I am having a difficult time, after every reflash the trans seems to have a mind of its own. I cant get the trans to hit my shift points or RPM shifts at WOT.

Thanks!
    Do a reset/re-learn and the problem will go away. It's in the scanner section, make sure the tranny is above 170.
    11.49 @ 118 1.49 60' Bolt on 2010 IOM Camaro

www.6l80etuning.com 6L80/90 Tuning

Potential Tuner

A6 shift flare

I tuned a customers 11 silverado with 6.2 A6, and can't seem to get rid of a shift flare. I have re-tuned it and only changed the shift time in the trans, but the flare still comes back after about a week or so. I was thinking of cutting off the pressure adapts, even though i haven't touched the pressures just to see if it would help? Anyone have any ideas on this?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTECH21 View Post
    I tuned a customers 11 silverado with 6.2 A6, and can't seem to get rid of a shift flare. I have re-tuned it and only changed the shift time in the trans, but the flare still comes back after about a week or so. I was thinking of cutting off the pressure adapts, even though i haven't touched the pressures just to see if it would help? Anyone have any ideas on this?
    look at previous post. Must have the latest beta to do this.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Waker, I'll give this a try.
    Do you know if this trans will shift on speed only or RPM only @ WOT or do I have to get it exactly the correct coorelation between speed and RPM

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher2ss View Post
    Thanks Waker, I'll give this a try.
    Do you know if this trans will shift on speed only or RPM only @ WOT or do I have to get it exactly the correct coorelation between speed and RPM

Thanks!
    Depends on the OS and stall of the converter. I set all shift RPM's to 100 and base the shift soley on MPH in my 2010 Camaro. That does not work for every 6L80E. It's a trial and error game, try setting a low RPM and see if it will shift based on MPH. It's commanded shift not actual, you'll need to log current gear and last shift time. The 1-2 is usually based on MPH because it goes through the gear so fast. As the the stall gets looser, the RPM qualifer comes into play.

Potential Tuner
    When was the latest beta software released? I have beta from last april. Has it been updated since then?

Senior Tuner
    When was the latest beta software released? I have beta from last april. Has it been updated since then?
    Sometime a couple a weak I would imagine.

the beta is updated two or three times a week, lol.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, the last build was this morning at 2:20am
    before that 5/30 at 8:52pm
    before that 5/29 at 9:25am
    before that 5/28 at 11:12pm
    and so on

so yes there have be a few hundred new beta's since then
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Waker, I'll give that a try also. We will be running again tomorrow so well see how we do with the new trans updates and see if we can get her to shift w/o hitting the rev limiter.

Any other advice from any 6L80E trans tuning experts is much apprecieated.

Wow, this Trans tuning thread turned into a "beta" thread. lol

Thanks Bill, we apprecieat your updates! And yes I am running the current build, oops now I'm not...............................

Advanced Tuner
    I forgot to mention, if the trans has a pretty hefty stall it will probably fail the re-learn. Even so, the time when is actually working is fixing things. If you've never done a reset/re-learn, the trans does allot of clunking between the gears as it fills and empties the clutch packs. This is completely normal, just make sure you follow the commands in the scanner.