Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2.22 with net framework checks removed

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99socalfrc View Post
    Looks like the downloads are working again.
    I think something is just up with the server. Been spotty all day for me.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I'm glad the download link is working again but the file still doesn't solve the problem. I can't think of anything else to try.

Do you have any ideas???

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by homebuilt View Post
    I'm glad the download link is working again but the file still doesn't solve the problem. I can't think of anything else to try.

Do you have any ideas???
    What problem doesn't it solve? Your pc thinking its a virus, yeah YOU need to get your antivirus company to fix that.

dw20.exe is not an HPT exe. I believe its a microsoft office error reporting exe.

Sounds like you might have a virus.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    What problem doesn't it solve? Your pc thinking its a virus, yeah YOU need to get your antivirus company to fix that.
    The runtime error problem. I attached a PDF that shows the three pop-up windows showing the errors reported. The last one mentions "Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll". It also mentioned that this file is required by DW20.exe.

My Norton antivirus program used to pop up and think it found a Trojan virus every time I tried to use HP Tuners. It would remove the DW20.exe file. I learned how to tell it to leave that file alone and I restored the file.

The last time this happened to my I wiped the whole computer and re-installed everything. It of course was a real pain. It was a Best Buy computer and the restore disk has all lot of junk on it that also gets "restored". It worked for a bit and then it was back. I can't see going through all of that trouble again to only find that it might happen again.
    Last edited by homebuilt; 09-05-2010 at 08:03 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The runtime error problem. I attached a word doc with the three pop-up windows showing the error. The last one mentions "Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll". It also mentioned that this file is required by DW20.exe.

My Norton antivirus program used to pop up and think it found a Trojan virus every time I tried to use HP Tuners. It would remove the DW20.exe file. I learned how to tell it to leave that file alone and I restored the file.

The last time this happened to my I wiped the whole computer and re-installed everything. It of course was a real pain. It was a Best Buy computer and the restore disk has all lot of junk on it that also gets "restored". It worked for a bit and then it was back. I can't see going through all of that trouble again to only find that it might happen again.
    Email support, 2.22's editor & scanner have been completely rewritten so we won't be fixing any errors in it that are caused by our software, however I will have you test 2.23 and we'll run a few debugging tests to try and figure out if its something in our software causing it.

Ok! I received the 2.23 Beta version and it seems to be working smoothly. Thank you for your help.

i tried to download the 2.22 version from the cd i recieved and it wouldnt work.....Whenever i click to open scanner, the logo comes up as 2.x. I even tried to load that framework program but it said the program was already installed.

What do i do?

I'd relax and have a cup of coffee since its all normal

If you go in the help/about tab in the VCM editor you will see what version you are running.

Quote Originally Posted by DoMiStIc_RuSh_06 View Post
    i tried to download the 2.22 version from the cd i recieved and it wouldnt work.....Whenever i click to open scanner, the logo comes up as 2.x. I even tried to load that framework program but it said the program was already installed.

What do i do?
    I would suggest the same thing that worked for me. Email [email protected] and request the 2.23 Beta version.

thank god, it seemed like my NET Framework v 4.0 wasnt good enough

Tuner in Training
    Just got HP Tuners for Christmas. I was having the .net error. Loaded the software on the first page and set to XP compatabilty mode and everything is fine.

Tuner
    The runtime error problem. I attached a PDF that shows the three pop-up windows showing the errors reported. The last one mentions "Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll". It also mentioned that this file is required by DW20.exe.

I am also having this problem. I fixed the netframework error with the msi editor and am using 2.23 beta. Really pissing me off too since I'm mid tune on a car... It did work for a bit but suddenly quit. grrrrr
    2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged - 3xx whp. *Gone*
    2014 Camaro M6 - Too slow.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bika View Post
    I am also having this problem. I fixed the netframework error with the msi editor and am using 2.23 beta. Really pissing me off too since I'm mid tune on a car... It did work for a bit but suddenly quit. grrrrr
    Try setting the software to xp compatibility mode, some customers have said that has fixed their issues, personally I haven't run into any of these errors.

Tuner
    the laptop is running win XP
    2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged - 3xx whp. *Gone*
    2014 Camaro M6 - Too slow.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    http://files.hptuners.com/VCMSuite-2_22_NoLC.msi

Drivers can be found here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5228

For those that are getting a net framework error when trying to install 2.22 from your disk use this link.
    I had the mpvi pro starting out in 106. Had it all installed and setup on my old laptop. I have since replaced it and the new one has the 64 bit windows 7 on it. Been having problems trying to load it on the new laptop. Tried downloading and installing 2.22 from the opening page. didn't work. then i found this thread. Tried the first link up top, downloaded it, then tried to install it and got this:

Any idea what is going on here? How to fix it?

I did manage to install the drivers, successfully I think. I am on the road working, and don't have a vehicle to try any of this out on.

Also, now that i can open editor, etc., but it doesn't see my saved cars/used credits. thought this would show up when i connected the cable, buy it didn't. tried moving the files over from the old pc, and it won't open them?

This is driving me nuts. I had my lc1 set up, lots of differnet tunes and such i was working on, and now I can't seem to use any of it. HELP!

Should I try stripping it off the pc, and start by loading 2.22 staright off the site maybe?

UPDATE: I already set the compatability mode.
    Last edited by ANTIVNM; 01-04-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: forogt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    is this link for this issue?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Alright....I haven't used my HPTuners for about 3 months....and during that time, Windows7 must have updated something and now I get this exact same problem when I try to open a file.
    I deleted .NET 4.0 and still have the same issues...then changed the setup.exe to work with XP....re-installed and it still didn't work. Then installed that msi editor and removed the lauch thingy, re-installed and still didn't work.

Then I right clicked on the installed VCM Editor icon, and clicked properties. Then changed the compatibility to XP and now it works!! So far!!

So those with Win7, give that try first!

I am now re-installing .NET 4.0. Let's hope HP still works afterwards!

Tuner in Training
    Anyone looking into/planning a response to the previous two posts? I am going to be home this weekend, and was hoping to play with the car while there. But I'm scared to death to hook up to the car until I know these issues are resolved and hpt is working correctly. Speaking of which, once i try some fixes, is there any way to do a systems test to make sure hpt is running correctly on my new laptop before hooking up to and rewriting the cars vcm? -Todd

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    post 36-no idea, its a windows issue of some sort, a fresh install of windows should fix
    post 37-appears the poster was able to fix by changing to xp mode so what exactly am I supposed to respond to?

Tuner in Training
    More worried about my posts, lol. On my issues, this is a brand new laptop. hpt was the first thing i tried installing followed by itunes. I wouldn't think/shouldn't need to reload windows already. It functions just fine for everything else. HPT is the only thing giving me any problems. I didn't have any of these issues, or this hard of time installing it on my old laptop. What gives?????

Anyway, i have it loaded and can open up editor and scanner. If i can do that, and it can see the cable, it should be functioning ok to use at this point, correct? Is there any way to do a systems test to make sure hpt is running correctly on my new laptop before hooking up to and rewriting the cars vcm?

Opening it up, and hooking my cable up is one thing. It doesn't see my saved cars/used credits. thought this would show up when i connected the cable, but it didn't. Was I wrong in thinking that? If so, how is this info stored (on the old laptop), and how do I get it all transfered over so that HPT on the new laptop can see and use it? I used up credits, and have alot of tunes, histograms, etc. that I need to be able to use on the new laptop.

There has to be a way to be able to get it to recognized my car, the credits I have already spent, the histograms, and tunes I have ion the other laptop, right. Man, I don't want to have to start over from scratch! That would just plain suck!

-Todd