Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2.22 with net framework checks removed

One thing you might check is to uninstall all other .NET Framework's IE Net Framework 4.0, 3.X ect, ect. Then install the 2.0. Windows sees the other .Net's and thinks 2.0 is installed already. Once you remove all the .Net's and make sure your 2.0 is installed it will run.

Step by step:

Start/Control Panel/Programs and features

Look for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

.NET Framework 4.0

Remove both of them fully and restart your system. Then load your VCM 2.2

Worked for me anyways and I am using Vista x86

Tuner
    Ok, we played with the install disk and different folders on the desktop. Is is like the install disk for 2.22 might be creating some of the problems. The HP Pro should work we wil try on Tuesday April 5th, 2011. The driver issues was also fixed for both A and B. My 2008 Trailblazer SS is waiting and so are other customers
    Software Win 7 64 bit

Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 SS

Potential Tuner

Check Sum Error

Bill,

I recently purchased a 07 Mustang (FRRP Supercharger) that has a Ford Racing Pro Cal tune on it. After HPT read the VCM, a check sum error box appeared. I clicked to fix the check sum, then another unhandled exception error appeared (attached below my message). Also I cannot save the downloaded tune. Are there any work arounds so I can download this file so I will have a baseline to work from? I'm using the beta version.

Thanks Todd

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at ?.?(Byte[]& A_0, Int32 A_1)
    at ?.?(Boolean A_0)
    at ?.?()
    at u.?(Int32 A_0)
    at u.?()
    at h.?(Byte[]& A_0)
    at h.?(Byte[]& A_0)
    at ?.?.Invoke(Byte[]& A_0)
    at ?.?(Byte[]& A_0)
    at ?.?(Byte[]& A_0)
    at ?.?(Byte[] A_0)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3615 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    VCM Editor
    Assembly Version: 2.23.3579.23018
    Win32 Version: 2.23.3579.23018
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/HP%20Tuners/VCM%20Suite%202/VCM%20Editor.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo50stang View Post
    Bill,

I recently purchased a 07 Mustang (FRRP Supercharger) that has a Ford Racing Pro Cal tune on it. After HPT read the VCM, a check sum error box appeared. I clicked to fix the check sum, then another unhandled exception error appeared (attached below my message). Also I cannot save the downloaded tune. Are there any work arounds so I can download this file so I will have a baseline to work from? I'm using the beta version.

Thanks Todd

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at ?.?(Byte[]& A_0, Int32 A_1)
    at ?.?(Boolean A_0)
    at ?.?()
    at u.?(Int32 A_0)
    at u.?()
    at h.?(Byte[]& A_0)
    at h.?(Byte[]& A_0)
    at ?.?.Invoke(Byte[]& A_0)
    at ?.?(Byte[]& A_0)
    at ?.?(Byte[]& A_0)
    at ?.?(Byte[] A_0)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3615 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    VCM Editor
    Assembly Version: 2.23.3579.23018
    Win32 Version: 2.23.3579.23018
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/HP%20Tuners/VCM%20Suite%202/VCM%20Editor.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    This really has nothing to do with this thread. Email support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I have an invalid application key on the 2.22 disk that I received today. I did all the bs that are on some of the other threads and well still have the same problem. I've emailed support with no response. It's not pleasant getting a $700 tool that doesn't function.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwtr02ss View Post
    I have an invalid application key on the 2.22 disk that I received today. I did all the bs that are on some of the other threads and well still have the same problem. I've emailed support with no response. It's not pleasant getting a $700 tool that doesn't function.
    I don't have any outstanding emails so I assume you are all set.

Potential Tuner
    I basically deleted all my .net framework off (all versions) then I reloaded the VCM suite...it loaded fine. I haven't tried to reload .net framework yet....but I guess I will have to soon. I will try to re-post once I do just for follow up purposes. FYI I'm running windows 7 64bit OS.

Potential Tuner
    Same issues. Uninstalled and reinstalled everything and still got the .net error. Not only that but tried trouble shooting my car and it ended up charging me credits because i didnt know I couldnt swap os's. This tuning software is just junk. If you go to the repository it see what others have done you get charged credits too! WHO DOES THAT??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 600sx View Post
    Same issues. Uninstalled and reinstalled everything and still got the .net error. Not only that but tried trouble shooting my car and it ended up charging me credits because i didnt know I couldnt swap os's. This tuning software is just junk. If you go to the repository it see what others have done you get charged credits too! WHO DOES THAT??
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but looking at someone elses tune doesn't cost you any credits, simply open the file, click no thanks at the licensing screen so you can view the file.

Potential Tuner
    You the fact that you get charged for changing OS's and that it doesnt work with windows 7 is a bit rediculous or if you dont hit no thanks. Someone need to come up with a hack for this thing so it can be used like every other standalone. Nistune, PFC, AEM whatever.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 600sx View Post
    You the fact that you get charged for changing OS's and that it doesnt work with windows 7 is a bit rediculous or if you dont hit no thanks. Someone need to come up with a hack for this thing so it can be used like every other standalone. Nistune, PFC, AEM whatever.
    Works fine for me with windows 7, been using windows 7 for well over a year now with our software with no issue.

-Bill

I see what he's saying with the licensing thing and I've always wondered what possible reason could there be to attach the licensing to the tune when it already has to have the ECU VIN licensed. It just seems that you're making it harder for someone to copy a tune by having to go chart by chart and copy/paste.

Now for the Windows 7 bit he's just tripping.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick Shot xMLx View Post
    I see what he's saying with the licensing thing and I've always wondered what possible reason could there be to attach the licensing to the tune when it already has to have the ECU VIN licensed. It just seems that you're making it harder for someone to copy a tune by having to go chart by chart and copy/paste.

Now for the Windows 7 bit he's just tripping.
    It takes no more than 20 seconds to copy over an entire tune to yours via the comparison copy over all feature so why this is an issue I'm not sure.

If you are randomly plopping other peoples files in your vehicle you are only setting yourself up for failure anyway or at best a fried pcm. Bottom line is its a BAD idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    It takes no more than 20 seconds to copy over an entire tune to yours via the comparison copy over all feature so why this is an issue I'm not sure.

If you are randomly plopping other peoples files in your vehicle you are only setting yourself up for failure anyway or at best a fried pcm. Bottom line is its a BAD idea.
    I don't do that just saying I could see how someone could have a problem. I actually just saw that compare feature, very interesting I never noticed that before.

Potential Tuner
    The person encountering DW20.exe above is getting it, as am I, because the VCM Editor is crashing. DW20 is the jit debugger (once known as Dr. Watson). I hit it trying to open a compare file after reading my tune from the VCM. I do not have a symbol pack installed on this laptop, but it seemed to be in a call to MPR.dll.

Telling the guy he needs to contact his antivirus vendor isn't especially helpful when it's the VCM Suite that crashes... if I can repro I'll send a proper call stack, but fortunatley (or unfortunately) it's only happened once.

Tuner
    Trying now bill hold up..

Tuner in Training
    Bill: I just got a new 64 bit windows laptop. I followed all of your instructions but when I get to the "install driver" part and tell it to go look on my desktop where I unzipped the drivers I get a windows message "windows could not find drivers for the device". Any help is greatly appreciated. What I don't understand is my old laptop was a 64 bit with Windows 7 as well and I don't recall any trouble installing HP Tuners on that one....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphPZ06 View Post
    Bill: I just got a new 64 bit windows laptop. I followed all of your instructions but when I get to the "install driver" part and tell it to go look on my desktop where I unzipped the drivers I get a windows message "windows could not find drivers for the device". Any help is greatly appreciated. What I don't understand is my old laptop was a 64 bit with Windows 7 as well and I don't recall any trouble installing HP Tuners on that one....
    Honestly, probably not unzipped correctly, simple mistake that I see on a daily basis.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Honestly, probably not unzipped correctly, simple mistake that I see on a daily basis.
    Thanks you were right. I double clicked on the zipped folder and saw the file names but that wasn't enough. This time I clicked on "extract" and it worked. Looks like I have it going now. Thanks again.

Tuner in Training
    I got mine to work....I don't remember how as it was a few months back....but I do know, that it worked last summer fine...then it was not used for a few months and I got the error.

Mine works, but I cannot save logs....as I get the same damn ERROR again!!