Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desperate to solve wiring Question E38/TCM

Tuner in Training

We Have Your Fix

It's not so hard we have been doing this for over a year. e38 with tcm on 4l60e 4l65e and 4l70e give us a call . We can help you out. Chris 909-291-7550 or see our web sight cbmmotorsports.com . we are hp tuners resale is southern ca. and specialize in ls engines.

Chris Bland
    CBM Motorsports
    9252 Hyssop dr
    Rancho Cucamonga Ca.91730
    909-291-7550 Tel
    909-291-7554 Fax

Advanced Tuner
    subscribed, need to figure out how to delete the ISS for a 2006 trailblazer E40 T42 combo

Non-ISS trans. in O.E. equipped ISS truck

LSX378
    We have a proven custom tune that does away for the input speed sensor. PM if you are interested.

I know this was an old post but hoping you can help.

I have an '08 Silverado - stock E38, T42 and harness.

The motor has been swapped to a stroked LY6. So, to support that, I had a "4l60e" built from the ground up, with 300mm upgrade. Well, turns out the builder didn't quite factor that I have an '08, so, as you know, my management system is looking for the ISS input. He built me a trans. without that provision(s)...so, here I am with a truck that HAD a stock 4l60e with ISS and now with the new motor and transmission, the computer is not seeing the signal, for obvious reasons. My question can you program the E38/T42 setup to "ignore" the ISS demand? Attached are the most recent files ive logged for the tuner I have been working with.

Tuner in Training
    I believe the E38 is actually different depending on whether it came out of a car with an auto or manual trans. If auto, pins 71/72 arent used/operational ...speed comes to the E38 across the gmLAN from the TCM. Only the manual trans version of E38 will read VSS from pins 71/72.

I had an E38 from an auto-car on an LS3 swap which was using a Tremec 5spd manual trans. I connected the Tremec's VSS sensor to the E38 ... the E38 would not read VSS. Apparently ... and I'm not an expert .... but HPtuners cant change this aspect of the E38's functionality. I ended up getting a standard-trans E38 from eBay .... VSS read fine.

There are a bunch of E38 functions that dont work properly without VSS info. DCFO being one of them.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pbeardrewster View Post
    LSX378
    We have a proven custom tune that does away for the input speed sensor. PM if you are interested.

I know this was an old post but hoping you can help.

I have an '08 Silverado - stock E38, T42 and harness.

The motor has been swapped to a stroked LY6. So, to support that, I had a "4l60e" built from the ground up, with 300mm upgrade. Well, turns out the builder didn't quite factor that I have an '08, so, as you know, my management system is looking for the ISS input. He built me a trans. without that provision(s)...so, here I am with a truck that HAD a stock 4l60e with ISS and now with the new motor and transmission, the computer is not seeing the signal, for obvious reasons. My question can you program the E38/T42 setup to "ignore" the ISS demand? Attached are the most recent files ive logged for the tuner I have been working with.
    If you have "a proven custom tune that does away for the input speed sensor" then what do you need help with?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by markeheiden View Post
    I have been fighting a shift problem since I got my truck running. 2007 5.3 w/ 4L65E. I have an External speedo cable driven VSS that is wired per the schematic directly to pin 16 and 41 on the TCM.

The ECM schematic shows the same two wires (circuit 821 and 822) on pins 71 and 72 connecting to "transmission system".

I understand how the signal gets from the VSS to the TCM (it's wired directly to it) but there is no TCM out to ECM for the VSS???

Can anyone tell me from the attachment how the VSS signal gets to the ECM?
    on the tcm connector you have to use pin 5, replicated tos signal. then on the ecm you have to use pin71 of x1 connector. then you you go into the speed section of the ecm and change the top two to replicated tos signal then you can get speedo signal.