Thread: RPM's Flatlining

RPM's Flatlining

I have never scene this before and cannot figure it out for the life of me. I go WOT and the car has huge acceleration till about 3800 RPM and then falls flat on it's face for a bit and then kicks back in. Could this be a Torque Abuse setting? I have the Traction Control off and this occurs shortly after wheel spinning stops.

Opening the tune and going to Transmission>Torque Management seems to line up, but it looks good where it shouldn't be causing the problem
    HAI, 180* T-stat, Autolite 104's, NorthStar, Gen V, 1.8 SLP Rockers, SLP Ported Headers, Custom 3" Downpipe w/high flo cat, Dynomax Catback Exhaust, DHP PCM, Fuzzy Dice Mod.

I can't specifically say that it relates directly to the bogging you describe, but the open loop portions of your MAF table appear to need some work. The supplied datalog is showing an air/fuel ratio error of 30-40% (fueling is WAY off). You'll note that what the car is commanding for an air/fuel ratio, & what your wideband is actually reading are not even close. When properly dialed in, your commanded & actual air/fuel ratios will virtually mirror each other.
    Last edited by Shane Hewitt; 08-03-2010 at 07:12 AM.

.... look at the picture, enough said?
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 08-03-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    .... look at the picture, enough said?
    That's what I was thinking. I'm going to try to jack it up to 4500 RPM and see what happens
    HAI, 180* T-stat, Autolite 104's, NorthStar, Gen V, 1.8 SLP Rockers, SLP Ported Headers, Custom 3" Downpipe w/high flo cat, Dynomax Catback Exhaust, DHP PCM, Fuzzy Dice Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Hewitt View Post
    I can't specifically say that it relates directly to the bogging you describe, but the open loop portions of your MAF table appear to need some work. The supplied datalog is showing an air/fuel ratio error of 30-40% (fueling is WAY off). You'll note that what the car is commanding for an air/fuel ratio, & what your wideband is actually reading are not even close. When properly dialed in, your commanded & actual air/fuel ratios will virtually mirror each other.
    Can't trust the wideband right now as it only works intermittently. It stays at 14.8 most of the time but when it normally functions it fluctuates from. 14.3 to 15.2. I need to get another sensor.

My GTP has all those tables set exactly the same with no bogging issue as described.

The supplied datalog doesn't appear to show any torque management being applied either........I would be highly surprised if that were the culprit. Status bits show Gear Abuse "Off", TCS "Inactive". I could be wrong, but hey, its an easy enough thing to test.....disable it & see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Hewitt View Post
    My GTP has all those tables set exactly the same with no bogging issue as described.

The supplied datalog doesn't appear to show any torque management being applied either........I would be highly surprised if that were the culprit. Status bits show Gear Abuse "Off", TCS "Inactive". I could be wrong, but hey, its an easy enough thing to test.....disable it & see how it goes.
    Good Grief. I never even thought of looking at the status bits.

I really need a vacation.