Thread: Another idling issue question...

Tuner in Training

Another idling issue question...

Got a problem with a truck, it is a 6.0 swap deal.. it is a 2005 pcm and when i start it off cold start it idles fine, when it warms up and go's into closed loop and idle for awhile then kill it, start it right back up it will come up to commanded 850rpm idle then shoot up to 2,200+ rpm and hang there for a bit then come back to idle.. Then, u can rev it up and it will fall back down to around 2200 again, hang there for a bit then fall back down to idle..
    Now keep in mind i am working behind someone elses messed up tune and the guy cant even tell me how big the cam is other than it came out of a 408 motor..
    When i scan it, at idle it is around 11% tps then when it darts up (after i crank it) it goes to about 18-19% tps till it comes back down to idle.. So i am thinking throttle cracker?? I have played with abunch of number's and still have this weird issue..
    Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Bobby and I are actually having a similar issue. Same problem, two different setups. One thing I did notice is that after hitting the gas the TPS slowly goes down from say 18% to around the 4-6% it sits at while idling. I'm going to try another TAC module to see if maybe that might have an effect on it. Both of our setups are LS conversion swaps into 68/69 C10 pickups. Mine has a '04 PCM though which shouldn't matter. Anyways, just posting up, and might want to move the thread to the Gen III section
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Tuner in Training
    Found a few mix ups and corrected them, like a nitrous nozzle plumbed into the throttle body spacer that was hidden by these gigantic engine cover's on this thing! But still the same issue when u rev it up, the reving up that it did when i first fire it up is gone now.. So any big dogs that wanna chime in and help Jake and I out would be greatly appreciated!
    P.S. i wasnt even paying attention when i posted this in the wrong section lol