Thread: Weird problems

Tuner in Training

Weird problems

I have a turbocharged 97 Camaro and was trying to work on the MAF tuning. I followed the procedures from this website clicky.

When I went out and turned CLOSED LOOP to OFF the car started running like crap. The AFR was staying well above 18 and would drop down to 13 when I let off the throttle (but only sometimes). What exactly could this mean? Could my MAF be bad? Also I couldnt get the histogram MAF - AFR Error to work. Any ideas on how to get that working?

Thanks!

Heres the scan and the tune.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by skimphish View Post
    I have a turbocharged 97 Camaro and was trying to work on the MAF tuning. I followed the procedures from this website clicky.

When I went out and turned CLOSED LOOP to OFF the car started running like crap. The AFR was staying well above 18 and would drop down to 13 when I let off the throttle (but only sometimes). What exactly could this mean? Could my MAF be bad? Also I couldnt get the histogram MAF - AFR Error to work. Any ideas on how to get that working?

Thanks!

Heres the scan and the tune.
    well your ve table is off theres no way it near that at all. a proper ve tune is needed. also your injector scale is off for 65lbs injectors. that is key to it running bad and to tuning properly. also get a wide band using the narow band to get accurate afr's is not the way to do it. there off up to 1-1.5 an afr. after you get your injectors right you need to tune your maf. i think then all your issues will go away. to get the histogram to work theres a user defined pid you need to select to teh chart. if you dont have it in you version you need to make a user defined pid
    96 l67 CAVALIER. PT76GTQ TURBO AND IC. PB: 10.62@138MPH ON 19PSI. DYNOED 502WHP AND 415FTLBS OF TORQUE.

Tuner in Training
    I do have 65lbs injectors, though (shoulda stated that earlier). I also have an AEM WB, which should have showed up when you played the scan. This was just a scan to start tuning, and all of these problems started happening. Im giong to try a different tuning method, though, and see what happens.

Tuner
    same problem here saying not supported
    2002 CE T/A M6
    ET 1/4 mile 12.21 before hp tuners!
    SLP headers, Hi-flo cats, loud mouth, Mcleod twin disc clutch, Mcleod throw out bearing, Ported TB, TB by pass, ELE.water pump, 160 stat, 12 bolt, 411 gear, MTI lid,SLP bellows, SLP maf no resistor ,Under drive pulles, Removed Air pump, Spohn PRO Ajustable torque arm,QA1 12 way ajustable shock up front, Spohn pro drag sway bar, Spohn Rear Ajustable LCA, AEM A/F gauge and a Set of Bogart w/27'' tires