Thread: Transmission Issues, need some input

Transmission Issues, need some input

Ok, I have my transmission setup with the right gear ratio, the 3.69/1.121 to correct the PO730 code. Now, the next issue I'm running into is when the engine gets into the higher rpms around 5500 or above it seems it will want to start to lower rpm then raise then lower. I'm not sure what is going on but it's super weird. It's almost like it hits a wall and then you want to get out of it really cause you don't know if it's going to shift properly or not. I don't have any dtc codes for it. I have my scans and the tune file. If anyone can take a look and let me know that would be awesome! I've been plugging on this for a couple days and I don't know what else I can do.

Transmission has 3.29 gears, 300m input shaft, zzp output shaft, 2500 zzp converter, chrome moly pump shaft, new valve body, new solenoids, meizire flywheel. Shift times and pressure has been changed a bit and my tire size is inputted correctly. It's almost like it wants to downshift sometimes as well when it's already gone into the next gear.

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated.

Tuner
    I to have a similar issue. It doing exactly what your saying. Seems to want to shift but hits the limiter then up shifts and but then down shifts and it finly shifts but the rpm tends to stay at 5-6k rpm like its sliping. i have the same exact mods to the tranny with the exception of a 3500 converter.
    96 l67 CAVALIER. PT76GTQ TURBO AND IC. PB: 10.62@138MPH ON 19PSI. DYNOED 502WHP AND 415FTLBS OF TORQUE.

I only looked at the tune but you might want to make the WOT shift MPH match the normal shift speed. Your car should not be driving at 5500RPM since your shift RPM is lower than that but it might rev that way as its shifting.

Under trans settings turn Abuse mode ON and enable Torque reduction master and shift enable ON. Then let us know if it makes it any different.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder