Thread: What VCM should I get?

Advanced Tuner

What VCM should I get?

Hello,
    I have a 04' Supercharged Monte Carlo and I am wondering if I buy a VCM what options should I get with it?
    Mitchell

'04 Supercharged MC SS

MOD LIST
    Custom PCM, Ram Air Hood w/ Air box, Intense MPS w/3.6", R/T DP with Ubend delete & HF CAT, LC-1 WB, GMPP Cat Back, Jacobs wires, 180 T-stat, & an Optima Red Top

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Re: What VCM should I get?

??? are you talking about what options you should get with hptuners? A vcm is a term I think hptuners uses to describe what they tune ie pcm's but gm changed the name to vcm...so unless your strait up buying a pcm your using the wrong wording i believe.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner

Sorry, I am referring to what type of options should I get for my car?
    Mitchell

'04 Supercharged MC SS

MOD LIST
    Custom PCM, Ram Air Hood w/ Air box, Intense MPS w/3.6", R/T DP with Ubend delete & HF CAT, LC-1 WB, GMPP Cat Back, Jacobs wires, 180 T-stat, & an Optima Red Top

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

there really arent anything out of the norm available for your monte...if you want to get the enhance unit with the inputs/outputs for things like w/b a/f sensors, egt sensors, shift lights etc go with that...i dont really see a need for extra pigtails unless you loose one...1 & 2 bar isnt available to you so your pretty basic when it comes to options.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner

Thanks,
    I was wondering about the pigtails. How many would I need if I hooked up as much as I could? For the sensors and all?
    Mitchell

'04 Supercharged MC SS

MOD LIST

Senior Tuner

Most people only need one, for wideband use. If you are going to use other inputs or outputs, that share a pinout from the EIO connector, then you would need extras. I would say to purchase one and if you need more than you can purchase them at a later date. Or just build your own connector to the EIO, like I did.

Advanced Tuner

Thanks for all of your input. 8)
    Mitchell

'04 Supercharged MC SS

MOD LIST