Thread: How to Program G6 Key

Question How to Program G6 Key

i swapped out a busted pcm from a 2008 G6 i4 2.4l auto and when i tryed reading the file it would not pick up file cause it isnt supported and ive contacted Bill but no answer for a week now i donwload a 2007 g6 file from Tune Resp and i look in systems>general & NO VATS DISABLE, now how am i supposed to turn it on.

Guys how do i program the transponder key on the G6 with the new pcm installed so it can start up, the Anti-Theft light is turned on in the instrument cluster?

Why cant there be a VATS disable for the i4's

first off i assume that when you replaced the "busted" pcm you had the replacement pcm reflashed to the correct vehicle vin/calibration
    this requires either a j2534 device or a tech 2
    you need to do a theft relearn procedure

there is a 10 minute procedure for a tech 2 but you probobly dont have one
    like i do

30-Minute Relearn Procedure
    Use this procedure after replacing any of the following components:
    The PASS-Key III plus keys
    The theft deterrent module (TDM)
    The powertrain control module (PCM)

Theft Deterrent - G6
    This procedure is not available on vehicles equipped with EXPORT configured TDMs. When performing the 30-minute relearn procedure, all previously learned keys will be erased from the TDM memory. Additional keys may be learned after performing the relearn procedure. When replacing a TDM with a GM SPO Replacement Part, ensure the procedure to setup a new TDM is performed prior to the 30-Minute Relearn Procedure.

1.With a master vehicle key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

2.Observe the security indicator. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn OFF.

3.Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.

4.Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.

IMPORTANT:The vehicle learns the key transponder information and/or passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to RUN. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

5.With a master vehicle key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and/or the ECM has now learned the fuel continue password.

6.If additional keys are required to be learned, refer to Adding Keys.

7.With a scan tool, clear any DTCs.