Thread: Shift time and pressures, looking for a little help

Shift time and pressures, looking for a little help

lol, I just noticed I put this in the Ford section, probably because it's in a Mustang. Sorry guys, MOD please delete.

I'm in the process of tuning a '96 Mustang GT with a 2007 6.0L, PRC 2.5 Heads, Cam, Performabuilt LVL2 4L60E, Yank PT4000 Converter, 3.73's.

The car had a trans issue shortly after being built. It lost 3rd/4th gear. It was sent back to performabuilt and repaired. Now we're back to tuning the car, but i'm still a little gun shy on the trans shifting 2-3 under WOT. To me it seems as if it takes longer than it should, but it could just be me freaking out. Just looking for a little advice on this one, maybe i'm paranoid?

here's the log and config for the log.

The trans has around 10 passes on it so far. The fluid has a slight burnt smell. however, I built a 4L60E a while back and it also made the fluid smell slightly straight away, but works great still. I was told it's from the tight clearances on the 3rd pack and the clutches 'burn' in a little. I used the Borg Warner High-Energy on my build, with a .020" clearance.

It looks like it's taking around 180 RPM from the time the PCM commands the 2-3 to when the RPM finally stops rising and bottoms out in the next gear. Also, it looks like the line pressure is being commanded ok under WOT as it goes to 90% and .1 amp.
    Last edited by 96gt4.6; 08-17-2010 at 09:26 AM.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw