Thread: Low end power tuning ?

Tuner in Training

Low end power tuning ?

Some one told me that we can get much more of low end power within tuning. I just want to know whats missing ?

Since all engine torque managment is off and AFR has been set .. but he told me we could tweak withing the vvt and we'll see a big difference.

mainly for trucks and SUV's

Thanks.

I tried this on a dyno with a L99 Camaro, and to be honest, the factory has got it dialed in almost perfect.. remove your limiters and delays and check for MBT at low to mid load areas.. that should help out alot..

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Basically increase the timing down low. Stock timing table is pretty flat then increases sharply at high rpms (after peak torque). By increasing the timing down low to mid-high 20s, you should get a good tip in torque bump

Tuner
    I agree getting rid of the negatives and bumping up the low RPM ones by a couple did make a difference.

Not to hijack this thread but if there is not much that can be done with tuning what is the next best thing to increase torque for the dollar?
    1. Higher rpm torque convertor?
    2. Short headers?
    3. Long tube headers?
    4. Cam profile?
    5. Ditch the 3” single for 2.25” dual exhaust?
    6. I would love to add a roots style supercharger but I am not sure I can justify the cost.
    07 Avalanche Exhaust & CAI

Thumbs up

All of the above! Wait, dunno about the headers. If you go with a Magnacharger though, the 1900 Supercharger is easier to turn in light boost applications and will give you the most down low, but the 2300 will give a bigger punch up high.... Look at Lunati's and Comp cams. I just did some research last night and found that they make many different combos to give anyone just what they want. A Yank or TCI Streetfighter will put the launch RPM's up higher which means you're more into the power band of the engine and yes it's going to throw you back in your seat off the line. Hope that helps.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    also not to traed jack but could you take a snap shot and put up a thumb nail up of were you are refering to EFI.. what limiters and were are they trailblazin?? This L99 has so much crap that I am not use to seeing it's not even funny.. I think its even got tables for the tail lights lol... I do assum you are talking about the high octain tables?? is that were the timing should be added??