Thread: LC1 error??

LC1 error??

SO my LC1 reads correct around idle, and as the care warms up, its goes form the 14.6 range to 16-17 range. My LTFT's are all negative, which would mean I am running rich..so which is wrong, my narrow band, or my wideband???

I did a free air calibration on my LC1, didn't fix the problem....

* reads correct on cold starts.

Also, it appears to read correct at WOT (PE MODE)...as it says I am in the 12's. I've also checked for exhaust leaks, but haven't found any

Advanced Tuner
    do you have longtubes by any chance?

yes I do, LT headers, no cats

It looks as though you tuned using LC1, then went back to SD using STFT. Correct?

If so, then you should tune using you STFT. The LC1 will never read the same results as your O2s (which will be more accurate). And, you should use the LC1 for WOT tuning.

I tuned my MAF with my LC1 and my VE with my narrowbands (LTFTs). Everything was fine, until last week, and then the lc1 started reading lean.

OK. Your tune will never be the same day to day. I noticed that in mine in different weather conditions. Humidity, atmospheric pressure, temp, ambient temp are factors that could have an effect on your tune. Your PCM may need some time to learn how to compensate for these conditions (usually 50-100 miles of driving under different weather conditions). I found that this worked out for me.

If nothing changes or gets better, you should try adjusting your tune, but leave out the LC1 during part throttle tuning. Also, I prefer to use STFT when tuning. It's more reliable, IMO.

it seems wierd though...the two agreed for weeks...and now they don't. Plus going from 14-15, to 16-17 is kind of a big change, no?

I guess I'm just worried about burning a valve running too lean...but I can't tell if my LC1 is wrong or my stock narrowbands

Quote Originally Posted by erics_02_z06 View Post
    it seems wierd though...the two agreed for weeks...and now they don't. Plus going from 14-15, to 16-17 is kind of a big change, no?

I guess I'm just worried about burning a valve running too lean...but I can't tell if my LC1 is wrong or my stock narrowbands
    I just thought of this. Did you try to reset your fuel trims before logging? For me, there were times when my LC1 would read lean afr for some long period of time at the start of a log. I knew it wasn't anything I missed in the tune, and everything fell back into place after I reset the trims.

Try that, and see if our afr falls back into line.

ok, I'll try that. We are talking about resetting the hp tuners fuel trims, right?

correct. Off my memory and from the menu bar, Display -> VCM Controls. Tab over to 'Fuel & Spark', and find 'Reset Fuel Trims'. You need to be connect to the PCM for the button to be active.

still reading lean at part throttle...the funny thing is I swear I'm reading richer now at WOT....strange. Here is my log, any thoughts?

also, any idea what the KR is from??? How to you tell false knock, burst knock, and knock apart?

From your log, I'm seeing no more than 2% rich/lean with an average -0.79%. STFTs average 0.13%. You can ignore your LC1 readings since the O2s are throwing off the readings.

Go back to your WOT cells and make sure you're not reading mean.

For knock, its pretty low at 1.58* max. Subtract half of the knock in those cells from the Spark Advance table, then do another log. Hopefully the knock will be reduced. Repeat the steps if you get more knock.

Quote Originally Posted by knyght4 View Post
    From your log, I'm seeing no more than 2% rich/lean with an average -0.79%. STFTs average 0.13%. You can ignore your LC1 readings since the O2s are throwing off the readings.

Go back to your WOT cells and make sure you're not reading mean.

For knock, its pretty low at 1.58* max. Subtract half of the knock in those cells from the Spark Advance table, then do another log. Hopefully the knock will be reduced. Repeat the steps if you get more knock.

So are we thinking my LC1 took a crap on me? Also, how do I check to see if my cells are reading "mean".
    Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by erics_02_z06 View Post
    So are we thinking my LC1 took a crap on me? Also, how do I check to see if my cells are reading "mean".
    Thanks for the help!
    Sorry, I meant to type "lean".

I'm not thinking there is an issue with your LC1. I believe the O2 readings are throwing off the LC1 readings since its constantly adjusting the fuel being delivered. The LC1 isn't getting an consistent readings because of this. So, as long as you are in CLSD, you can ignore what the LC1 reads for those cells.