Thread: 2001 ram 2500 8.0L V10 support?

Potential Tuner

2001 ram 2500 8.0L V10 support?

pretty basic question, will the dodge tuning support my 01 V10 this thing is some serious need of tuning and I'm dieing to put my HT3B turbo on it. really hoping you'll support this

Tuner
    No, 2001 Ram V10 would be JTEC+ , they have plans to support these ecus, but I don't think it will be anytime soon. Not to promote another tuning company, but SCT may be an option for you.

Potential Tuner
    I looked into sct a little but I wanted user friendly tunability not pre wrote basic tunes so I was hoping for some support here but I might just go megasquirt if I have to.but that sucks

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by twisselman1968 View Post
    I looked into sct a little but I wanted user friendly tunability not pre wrote basic tunes so I was hoping for some support here but I might just go megasquirt if I have to.but that sucks
    Ok, HP Tuners, like SCT, offers a calibration suite, that is basically a user interface that allows you to view and edit the binary image where all the calibration constants are stored. SCT does not provide "pre-tuned" files for Dodge. You would buy their "Pro Racer" package, with is a single license version of the calibration software they sell to their dealers. I believe that major advantage to HP Tuners, is the way that the calibration tool and logging software are laid out and integrated to each other. SCT does not offer any logging capabilities for the Chrysler vehicles. Logging tools that are available for JTEC equipped vehicles are usually geared toward the repair industry, and have slow update rates, and are not convenient for tuning.

I would not suggest going to megasquirt, that is a bad idea for your application, and you could not run the v10 odd fire with it . Your cheapest option for a stand alone would be a AEM 30-1500U or a ProEFI motorola ecu. Both of those piggy-back to the stock ecu, so that the instrument cluster and other electrical devices that rely on the ecu for data continue to work.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the breakdown, I am no expert I haven't done any tuning just watched my friend use hptuners on his caprice with a 5.3 he put in it that and he did the megasquirt on my first ls1 swap I really don't know all this stuff trying to learn but its a steep learning curve

Potential Tuner
    I'm sorry to even have to ask this....but I am completelly out of my league here, so iyou say hp tuners offers a calibration suite?, what is that I don't know the ropes her guys