Thread: knock retard due to TC unlock, as well as tip-"out".

Tuner in Training

Question knock retard due to TC unlock, as well as tip-"out".

I am getting frequent knock retard when my TC unlocks as well as what I call "tip-out" where I get some KR after letting off the throttle. What is the correct way to adjust for this? I have recently tuned VE and MAF but haven't touched spark other than idle regions. Is there a general trend for the spark table when you go to higher-compression + bigger cam, big stall like my car? I want to try to get in the zip-code.
    Thanks,
    Richard

Log and tune are attached.
    Car is a 1999 Camaro SS convertible.
    Mods:
    New GM LS1 short block (now at 5k miles) with patrickG cam: 230/234 .600/602 114+3 LSA. GM MLS head gaskets.
    Patriot Performance LS6 stageII 59cc heads. This combo results in a theoretical:
    11.37:1 static comp/ 8.61:1 dynamic comp

85mm truck maf, ls6 intake, stock TB (fast102 & 92mm tb going in next month)
    exhaust: LT headers, new NGK vette rear O2s, no cats, 3" y with 4" merge, 3" hooker catback. AFX wideband

performabuilt 4l60e trans (stage II) performabuilt 4200 stall converter. (5600ish shift extension). Strange 12bolt rear with 3.73 gears.

Tuner in Training
    I should add I just copied the Hi Octane table to the low octane table because it keeps going there.

I would put the low octane table back until you figure out the source of your knock...the use of that table is a safety measure so that you dont turn your engine into an expensive doorstop.
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I'm going to put it back when I get back to the US on Friday. Any general direction for timing when it comes to higher compression, bigger cam, etc.?

posting here as a reminder for later.

Tuner in Training
    So I switched my High and Low Octane tables to some that I copied from an 01 Z06 and only modified them in the idle and WOT regions. Overall this is a few degrees less timing across the board. Results look pretty much the same. It's not jumping to the Low Octane table. I noticed the Tip-in tables on the Z06 are higher. I'm thinking to explore that next. I also notice that virtually all of the knock is in the region where my global gain table goes to 1.0.