Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need Help. . .Did the russk idle log and now car wont start

tell me if this helps... do another log with MAP added to that config as well..

take a little trip around the block a few times and tell me if it reacts ok ...
    might need to do some VE touch ups... I did a # on it to get it to line up a little better...

fueling should be better at startup... it needed quite a bit more fuel around idle according to the log...

what brand of wideband were you using before it fried?
    -Scott -

i was using a glowshift afr wb. but it was my fault it fried. i will tell u how it reacts.

I've never heard of that brand....id be curious to see a comparison to another wideband that is more common... I'm not saying that your wideband was wrong....but I am skeptical with seeing the fueling issue you are experiencing
    -Scott -

i agree. this is the gauge: http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Tinte...uel-Gauge.aspx
    all the reviews about it say their gauges are fairly accurate, but i am starting to regret buying it.

the LSU 4.9 is not known for the best accuracy... its the 4.2 that is the most accurate of that series of sensors
    -Scott -

that didnt work at all. the car wouldnt even stay on. here is a log i tried getting but its with me giving it gas just to keep the car on and it still turned off. im gonna reapply the tune file before this one and see how it goes.

theres no short term trims going on there???
    you need to make sure the car is in closed loop
    all it has right now is remembered trims... so its going to act bad..
    make sure you reset trims and force it into closed loop

try again for me...

add in idle desired airflow too...
    if you need to you can take out the TPS to keep it under 24 bytes
    -Scott -

i changed the ve tables back to stock, but left the iac table changes. here are 2 more logs:

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer View Post
    theres no short term trims going on there???
    you need to make sure the car is in closed loop
    all it has right now is remembered trims... so its going to act bad..
    make sure you reset trims and force it into closed loop

try again for me...

add in idle desired airflow too...
    if you need to you can take out the TPS to keep it under 24 bytes
    oh my bad, i didnt do that. i reset everything back to closed loop, so i assumed it was in closed loop. i will let the car cool down and try again later on.

Quote Originally Posted by yahelou View Post
    oh my bad, i didnt do that. i reset everything back to closed loop, so i assumed it was in closed loop. i will let the car cool down and try again later on.
    I dont need it to cool down for a quick fueling check....
    put back in my tune 4
    reset trims... start it up and let it idle.....
    take a spin up and down the street... send me the log

make sure you force closed loop and enable fuel trims....
    -Scott -

though it did look sort of ok for the driving on the hard start 3...

I dont have a stock file to work with right now.. so I cant come up with a file to match the VE to at the moment...
    but I'll go pull one down.
    -Scott -

ok... try this file...sort of a hybrid between stock, and edits and where we were...

might be a tad rich...but it should work better than what we had before...

from looking at stock VE to what we had after I had reduced A/F by 15% already... we were a mile and a half rich....
    so far that I'm suprised that it didnt burn your eyes just sitting there...

its no wonder it wouldnt idle.
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer View Post
    ok... try this file...sort of a hybrid between stock, and edits and where we were...

might be a tad rich...but it should work better than what we had before...

from looking at stock VE to what we had after I had reduced A/F by 15% already... we were a mile and a half rich....
    so far that I'm suprised that it didnt burn your eyes just sitting there...

its no wonder it wouldnt idle.
    oh it did. it was very bad. i smelt horrible cuz of it. haha. i will try this one out and take a log.

alright here is a log file and tune file. it drove pretty good. only problem is when i am slowing down, it felt like it started bogging down and wanted to die.

oh i couldnt drive it too hard cuz of the rain, but i did the best i could without spinning out.

this should get you a lot closer...
    now... reset fuel trims...
    have fun driving...
    do a little VE tuning on your own using the fuel trims...

it should behave a lot better for you....
    just keep tuning...and smooth between files

you will probably have to revisit your spark tables to check for knock...and you should take it to a dyno to do some pulls and see what timing it wants for best power and torque(then tune air fuel on the street once you know what it likes)

get a mainstream brand wideband that has a good reputation...
    I highly recommend the NGK AFX for around $350...comes with a Lab Grade NTK Sensor and has been shown to be one of the most accurate budget widebands on the market....
    -Scott -

thanks a million man. i really appreciate everything. just one question, besides resetting the fuel trims, do i need to force the car into closed loop or fuel trim learn like i did before?

no... this file will automatically enter closed loop at 93* and will start fuel trim learning at 176*

it is best to get your car up to full operating temps before you start logging for tuning...
    you can even drive it to work and wait to log it on the way home if you want...giving the fuel trims a little time to learn before you start logging by doing it that way.

it may still need some adjustments to the IAC effective area table...but lets get the fueling in line better first.
    -Scott -

so i did the fuel trim reset, but the car is still surging like crazy when im cruising. what would cause this? the iac table or the ve table?

I meant for those timing tables to be like I put it
    Most likely its a fueling issue. The spark table I gave you should result in a smooth transition.
    You will want idle tables and driving tables to match quite closely and pretty much spot on.

I would bet at a similar issue to my problem. Narrowbands can't keep enough heat to be accurate... probably a skewed table resulting in close but no cigar fueling.
    And until you get a good wideband... you will never know.
    I actually have to use a wideband, and have it send a simulated narrowed signal to the pcm.
    1.0 lambda was 150mv on mine... so you can see that my narrowed data was junk.
    This was tested with a wideband that costs above $1000.......
    -Scott -

also... your "cruising" surge and buck could be caused by 2 things..
    while foot on the gas pedal...bucking usually means you need to add to the throttle follower..
    with the foot off the gas pedal, surging and bucking usually means you need to take away from the throttle cracker table.

try something more like this for the throttle follower...
    -Scott -