Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK guys, start posting.....

Tuner in Training

Re: OK guys, start posting.....

John, could I see a copy of your PE/RPM/TIME table before you added the -3.999 to it? I'm very interested to see if your changes are similar to mine as I have seen a very noticeable difference in acceleration.

Great post John. I do have something for you.

I'm trying to fix my shift points to 6K and I used a calculator to get the mph at that speed with my tires and gears. After I fixed my speedo for gears, my car is short shifting. I guess the trans tables didn't scale exactly how they should have. So here are the mph I got that I should be shifting at to be shifting at 6K.

6000 36 69 112

My values now:

6000 35 64 90

So do I just change the 100% throttle cells or should I also scale the lower ones a tiny bit higher.

This was from the Shift speed vs %TPS vs Shift - Normal table. Do I change Hot and Performance also to match the Normal?

------------------
    2nd question

Those other WOT tables look like this:

1-2 33
    2-3 62
    3-4 90

1-2 5700
    2-3 5500
    3-4 1000

Do I change the mph in the first one to match the shift points mph? And same for the RPM, do I put 6K in all of them?

Ok, I guess the WOT table has to match the 100% TPS on the partial throttle and it should shift at that mph. Mine were mismatched so it still used the lower WOT table values. Hopefully I can flash tomorrow and check.

Dom,
    Yeah, you want to make sure that your WOT throttle shift points and 100% TPS shift points match up....to be honest, I don't knwo what takes precedence, the WOT Shift Point (I'd imagine this porbably does), or the value at 100% TPS.

In any case, I've been matching my Normal, Hot, and Performance tables to each other, because I don't want the PCM shifting around between strategies. Just my preference.

Pilotlie, I've actually dropped my PE AFR Adder tables back a bit. The car was sucking down gas like a pig, and it actually behaves a little better with the AFR a little lower (I still haven't been able to do much with the timing, though, so I may be able to fateen it back up later).

Anyhow, I have to run right now, but I -3.299 as my max value right now........I'll try and get you a copy of the table this weekend, or next week...

Talk to you guys then. John

WOT table takes precedence for sure. Only after I changed those values it moved my shift points up.

the v8 code has a seperate CAT protection routine, the V6 doesn't. That may give you an idea why....
    I count sheep in hex...