Thread: Some 4L60E Questions

Tuner in Training

Some 4L60E Questions

Hey guys, i just have some questions for you as im new to HPT, im trying to tune my 02 Trailblazer I6 4wd with the 4L60E and was curious about some tables.

For starters, this is my daily driver but i also like to drive aggressive and dont mind firm (banging) shifts at all as long as my tranny dosent fall out of the truck. As far as hardparts go, ive done the corvette servo, ive upgraded to the .490 boost valve, ive upgraded the accumulator piston and changed the accumulator spring out for a harder unit, thats whats been done to it as far as hardparts go.

On the tune side ive deleted every single torque management setting i could find, absolutely ZERO torque management. Ive also went into my Shift Time table and put 0.00 down for every variable. Ive also went into my Shift pressure table and increased all the values by 25% over stock across the board, that along with the 10% the hardpart boost valve gives me, would lead me to have a 35% increase in pressures over stock

Overall im happy with the setup as it chirps the tires shifting in the dry and if its wet at all outside it will start spinning out through a shift, now this is where my question comes in

In my line pressure table, it goes by FT.IB of torque, and the max in the table is 640 ft pounds of torque at where the commanded line pressure is 108 psi (capped at 96 via limitations)

However down at the 300 FT.IB mark in the table its only 51 psi... theres no ay in hell my truck makes 640 ft pounds of torque to ever reach that end of the table.

I guess basically what im asking, is when i have it floored 100% WOT and it shifts... is the commanded line pressure for the shift, the 96 psi at the 640tq mark, because thats the "desired" torque (even though itll never reach that).. Or is the line pressure what the motor is ACTUALLY making at the time.. which may only be 50 or so PSI if its making 300 tq at that moment??

Ive uploaded my tune file for someone to poke over, any suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by Joe02LT; 09-01-2010 at 07:28 PM.
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT
    Intake / Exhaust / HPTuned
    Inline6 - 4L60E

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    For the most part it will command the more realistic 50 line pressure. However, if you disconnect a coolant temp sensor or something it can BANG into the next gear at what would feel like 96! I found that realistic max torque/pressure sweetspot during WOT shifts and used that as the highest number on the tables, and 1 higher for the clamp pressure. For me it was something like 43-45 where I felt most comfortable.