Thread: 2006 Z06 won't go into 2BAR SD?

2006 Z06 won't go into 2BAR SD?

I am working on a 2006 Z06 and I am having trouble getting the car to go into SD mode. I updated to the 2Bar operating system, modified the tune by filling in the VE table and turning off the MAFand did an entire write to apply the new operating system.

I set up the MAF DTC's to fail on first and left the MIL light on so that I know the MAF is failing but the check engine light will not turn on. I also don't seem to have any control over the fueling in the VE or MAF table (I tried to screw with the MAF for shits and giggles)

I tried to do another entire write but that didn't get me anywhere. Any suggestions?
    2004 Silverado, built for boost 6.0L swap, built 4l65 trans, custom remote mount turbo system, HP Tuners 2 bar operating system

I can't open your file since I don't have HP Tuners on my work computer... but did you set the MAF fail frequency to 0Hz?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I can't open your file since I don't have HP Tuners on my work computer... but did you set the MAF fail frequency to 0Hz?
    Yes.......
    2004 Silverado, built for boost 6.0L swap, built 4l65 trans, custom remote mount turbo system, HP Tuners 2 bar operating system

Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    desteck he has po101-po102-po103 set to 0-mil on first error. should thay be set to 1-mil on second error to tell the ecm the maf has failed. he all so has the maf high volts test disable?
    No, setting them to 0 is the correct way to do it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    do you have a 2 bar map sensor installed?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    do you have a 2 bar map sensor installed?
    2Bar sensor is installed and the car seems to run fine.....

Tuner
    Not saying any of this is benefit to you but IMO; the ve table has very high #'s on the lower columns-some are 200% of mine, Maf has 2 values for 5800 hz, PE is entered too easily and why not set it for ~1.18 and BE for~1.28-1.3. I can email my tune if you desire but I am very much still a novice.

Quote Originally Posted by backchannel View Post
    Not saying any of this is benefit to you but IMO; the ve table has very high #'s on the lower columns-some are 200% of mine, Maf has 2 values for 5800 hz, PE is entered too easily and why not set it for ~1.18 and BE for~1.28-1.3. I can email my tune if you desire but I am very much still a novice.
    This is just a really safe base tune. I always make the PE & BE the same at first so that I am not haveing to chase the commanded AFR ahile I am dialing in the VE table. Once I know VE is dialed I go in and set the PE to command 1.18 from around 2500 up and the BE to be around 1.28.

I haven't been able to do any adjusting at all since I have no control over any of the fueling, hence me starting this thread..........

I did find out something about the history of the car. When the car was originaly turboed it was tuned with a Diablosport Predator (CMR). The customer did not have te predator so we were unable to return the car back to stock before switching over to HP tuners. Could the Predator be leaving a footprint behind causing this problem? Would reflashing it back to stock at the dealer be the next logical step?

Thank for all the help...........

Dumb question but you did do a write entire correct?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Dumb question but you did do a write entire correct?
    Yes, I did an entire write when I converted over to the 2bar operating system.

First I saved the tune under a new name specifying that it was a 2bar tune. I then loaded a VE table from another tune, adjusted the PE & BE tables, adjusted the dynamic airflow, set the MAF to fail at 0Hz, set the MAF DTC's to 0 (fail on first) and did an entire write (it took a little over 6 minutes). I may have done a few other things but these are the main things I have done in the past when switching over to speed density.........

No questions are dumb in my book, I really appreciate any help/criticism to resolve this issue..............

Well it is fixed. I had the car reflashed at the dealer then I converted the new flash to the 2 bar operating system and it seems to be working.......

Thanks again guys for the help.