Thread: How about some help guys!!!

Tuner

How about some help guys!!!

Okay guys, let me explain my situation and sorry if it's lengthy but you'll need all the info you can get:
    Last year, my 00' GTP ran consistent 13.20-30's off the bottle and ran a best of 12.78 at 108 w/75 dry shot. Average 60 fts were 1.8-low 1.9's. Well, end of year popped 2 pistons from running lean and not scanning. So I rebuilt it. Here's last years mods: 1.9 rockers, GMPP exhaust no cat & u bend removed, Thrasher MPS using 3.0 pulley, MSP CAI w/k&n cone, Intense standard PCM, BF drag radials. That's it except for occasional NOS hit just for PB.
    This years mods : S1X, KB 9.2:1 thermal coated standard pistons, balanced rotating assy w/ balance shaft removed, total seal gapless rings, home P&P L32 heads, WBody store P&P M90, LS1 TB w/LS6 maf, fenderwell intake, TOGS, Intense Stage 1 PCM, Lucas 42.5# injectors, Comp lifters and Intense LW pushrods, ZZP SS I/C, 3.0 pulley, HPT. I think that's it. But either way, that's $4800 worth of mods.
    Now here's the situation. I have a yet to break into the 13's with this setup. I have posted on 3800pro and haven't really came up with a reason why I'm so slow now. Scott at Intense wants to look at the car personally and see if he can get it tuned. That's a long way for me to travel and I'm having a hard time believing that it's a tuning issue rather than a component issue. Whether it's something I installed wrong or what, I don't know, but 14.10-50's is a long way from what I planned this car to run :'(. By alrights, it should be a 12.5 car.
    Now I purchased HPT in the hopes that I could tune it. Well, I aint that good so I was hoping to get some help from you guys. I would like to post some HPT scans and see what you think. After all that I've read here, I'm beginning to believe that it could be tune problem.
    I will tell you that someone suggested I remove the ss i/c becuz he's heard of them creating airflow problems. So I did, and it doesn't seem any faster or slower. In fact, my kr jumps tremendously at wot takeoff where it did not before. Now, that does'nt make alot of difference in the whole aspect of things because with it installed, 0 KR but my 60 fts still sucked.
    If someone with HPT is interested, I'll either post the scans or I can pm. I would also like someone to look at the present tune and make some suggestions.
    Well, how about it guys? I need some help before I sell this f*!#in car.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Re: How about some help guys!!!

total seal gapless rings
    Were the cylinder walls honed to the correct finish for the rings?
    If they weren't, they wont seat right.
    2000 Grand Prix GTP 11.586 @ 118.20
    Best MPH: 121.72

New Ride: 04 GTO no times or anything yet

Tuner

Yes, honed with 220 stone. Did it myself. And did all the work minus the machine work. And if they weren't sealing, shouldn't I have some oil burn? Now I know chrome moly takes time to seal and I will use alittle oil at first, but could the rings really cause me to be so much slower than last year??
    John, I know you've seen my threads on 3800pro. Now, I'm just needing some ideas and maybe someone to look at my tune. Interested??
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by 00GTP
    Yes, honed with 220 stone. Did it myself. And did all the work minus the machine work. And if they weren't sealing, shouldn't I have some oil burn? Now I know chrome moly takes time to seal and I will use alittle oil at first, but could the rings really cause me to be so much slower than last year??
    John, I know you've seen my threads on 3800pro. Now, I'm just needing some ideas and maybe someone to look at my tune. Interested??

send me your bin and a few hpl files to [email protected] I'll take a look & see if theres anything out of the ordinary.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by foff667

send me your bin and a few hpl files to [email protected] I'll take a look & see if theres anything out of the ordinary.
    William, thank you for the offer. I will get those over to ya' tonite when I get home.
    I saw you had a bin at horist but too stock for me, otherwise I would have tried it.
    Thanks again...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by 00GTP
    William, thank you for the offer. I will get those over to ya' tonite when I get home.
    I saw you had a bin at horist but too stock for me, otherwise I would have tried it.
    Thanks again...
    unfortunatly im an old man with a family & its my DD'r and basically my "family" car so i cant & wont mod it...I'll wait till i get another rwd v8 car to mod ;D
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I sent ya a PM 00GTP
    2000 Grand Prix GTP 11.586 @ 118.20
    Best MPH: 121.72

New Ride: 04 GTO no times or anything yet

Tuner

I appreciate all the responses guys. Keep em' coming. I will follow thru with every opinion/advise if I haven't already done so. Someday I will find out whats wrong, hopefully sooner than later.