Thread: Wideband portable

Tuner in Training

Wideband portable

What would you recommend for cheaper good portable wideband, just wanna put power to it and plug to my pro and go. Disconnect and pull my sensor out and go to another vehicle.

Innovate lm-2 for 250$ or the NTK afrm gen 2 is 250$ or the AEM 30-0333 for 223$
    those are the main ones im looking at, or there are some older lm-1 used for 120-150$

I'd do either the AEM 30-0333 and add two wires to get a 0-5V analog out in case it's needed on non CAN vehicles or the AFRM

Tuner in Training
    What all would be non can vehicles. And as far as setup, is that aem pretty user friendly on getting afr to match on hptuners

Tuner in Training
    I gotcha now on can bus enabled, most the stuff I would tune wouldn't be... But speaking of it, side question. Any way to bypass the hyper flash on my 08 Sierras body control module?
    Last edited by jmanning1991; 10-17-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Not a clue on the hyper flash

I've never had to do anything other than just plug it in and used the pre-defined settings. Doing that the CAN based one (which is digital so no offsets or anything like that to worry about) and the analog output were literally so close to one another I could barely tell them apart.

You do have to buy the pins/add them to the harness to get the 0-5V output though, that's the only negative. AEM doesn't include those wires on the -0333 model because they assume most people are going to be using the CAN/OBD port connector instead.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    ahh gotcha, i dont think id ever care about the CAN part of it, would just prefer the 0-5v to wire into the pro and id be happy.. Tuning a lot of cars that have standalone harnesses that wouldnt work with the can part of it right